FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Working alongside designers, UXers and product managers, you’ll build the simplest solutions to our customer’s trickiest problems. As the first engineering hire dedicated to product development you’ll report directly to the CTO and work within the wider Cytora core engineering team.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Translating mockups into living applications using minimal, scalable CSS
- Making key technology architecture decisions as we build entirely new products
- Feedback to product managers and contribute to product roadmaps
- Transition to a rapid feature release processes owned by the engineering teams
- Upskilling yourself and your colleagues through continuous knowledge sharing initiatives (reading groups, lightning talks, show-and-tell)
You will have the opportunity to become familiar with our modern technology stack which includes: React, Redux, Node.js (Express.js), Python (Flask), Postgres, ElasticSearch, CircleCI, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, DataDog.
What we look for in candidates:
- Around 3 years’ experience building and maintaining fullstack js production-grade web applications
- Commercial experience with the React.js framework
- Experience with Redux or a similar state management framework
- Commercial experience working in a TDD/BDD environment
- Strong working knowledge of agile fundamentals and frameworks
- Startup experience: building working products quickly
Cytora is building a new way for commercial insurers to quantify and price risk, underpinned by liquid access to data and machine intelligence. Using the Cytora Risk Engine, insurers can move from a subjective, assumptions based understanding of risk to an empirical and data-driven view. At Cytora, you'll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You'll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
Cytora company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.