Join us and help us make 2016 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
You'll be part of Backend Services team. They develop general purposes services to support game features. The cross promotion service, the push notification system and the config manager tool are examples of services recently developed and actively maintained by this team.
Most of the services developed and under development require supporting visual tools in order to optimize and streamline the usage of the services, this will be your main goal.
Concretely, you must master frontend technologies but also feel comfortable working with backend technologies, and have intermediate systems knowledge, in order to:
- Develop services and tools using the existing frontend and backend technologies
- Deploy products to production environments, maintain, monitor and extend existing services and tools
This is you
- Creative and practical at the same time
- Ability to work fast, quickly get up to speed with existing code, and learn new concepts easily
- Outstanding teamwork skills (in their team and with other teams)
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Transparent with the manager and with the team
- Accept suggestions and constructive criticism
- Open attitude when leaving the comfort zone (new technologies, procedures…)
You also have
- Fluency with the NPM CLI, Gulp or Grunt.
- Hands-on experience with AngularJS (1.x or 2).
- Experience developing SPA (Single Page Application)
- Good understanding version control systems like Git
- Deep knowledge debugging web applications
- Deep knowledge implementing client-server communication with protocols such as REST, RPC, WebSockets or others
- Some experience with any server side technology: Nodejs, PHP, Golang, Python…
- Committed with code quality and familiar with Continuous Integration, Code Coverage and static code analysis tools.
- Structured and analytical
- Passionate about programming, software architecture and patterns, user experience, and best practices
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!angularjs
About Social Point
Social Point is headquartered in beautiful Barcelona. Our team is made up of more than 200 super talented Social Pointers of many different nationalities, who share a common goal: to set the standard in social gaming, and delight players.
In february 2017 all spanish newspapers broke the news that we had been acquired for €230m by Take Two, the maker of Grand Theft Auto, marking an unprecedented success story in the spanish gaming ecosystem.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!