are Onna: a fast-growing startup proudly based in Barcelona and San
Francisco. We’re an international team composed of fun, experienced and
hard-working individuals. We’re on a mission to create real-time search
for organizations, no matter where the information is stored. Joining us
would mean you’d have direct impact on a product used (by some of the
biggest names in tech) to solve global problems in knowledge
distribution! Our work environment is fun, quirky, exciting and flexible
to your needs. Come join us to make a difference!
If you are a motivated and talented Web Application Engineer looking for a fun and invigorating place to work, look no further. As Web Application Engineer, you will use various current front and back end technologies to translate our company's vision into beautiful, scalable, reliable and highly functional web applications.
We offer private medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as monthly gym memberships, a public transportation stipend, subsidized lunches, and flexible vacation time.
- Design and develop web applications using mostly AngularJS as front end and Python as back-end
- Devise and develop core features in back-end processing systems
- Collaborate with UX designers to translate functional requirements and wireframes into specific features
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure engineers to design, analyze and implement functional requirements
- Deliver high quality products on time and with minimal supervision
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle
- Provide support as needed
- Be part of a dynamic and fun team that gets it done
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Software development experience (5+ years)
- Responsive web design (3+ years)
- Python web development (2+ years)
- Experience with SQL and demonstrated understanding of database systems
- Experience with web application security
- Demonstrated experience in Unix and Git version control
- English fluency, both written and verbally, is a must
- Familiarity with Java or other OO languages
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with distributed scalable systems
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms
- Has desire to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies
- Is versatile and adapts to a small team environment with varying responsibilities
- Is detail-oriented
- Follows best coding practices
- Communicates effectively with peers and clients, both verbally and in writing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.