Wallbox is a global start-up from Barcelona, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We create smart charging systems that combine cutting-edge technology with outstanding design, managing the communication between car and charger via easy-to-use Apps.
Wallbox operates in over 30 countries around the globe and has offices in Barcelona, Germany, Great Britain, France, The Netherlands, Italy, China, and the US. More than 160 dedicated experts of over 15 different nationalities work together on creating the most innovative products and the best experience for our customers.
We are powered by a culture of trust and innovation, something we have to earn every day by living up to our corporate values.
Are you ready to grow with us?
As a VP of Engineering, you will develop, manage, and empower a development team of around 70 engineers, creating a productive, thriving, fast-paced + high-quality delivery, engineering culture.
This position requires:
- A hands on approach to system architecture, design and implementation.
- Being ready to change our current structure to a better and more innovative way of working and perceiving the engineering needs.
- An understanding of product and business needs and the ability to translate these to engineering requirements.
- Providing feedback to stakeholders within engineering.
- Making sure all initiatives are sensible, reasonable and are executed in the best way possible.
- Management and mentorship of your team of 70 engineers and growing.
- Actively participate in the hiring process, ensuring that only the best talent join your teams.
- Deploy engineering best practices to ensure engineering output is top quality and your services technical debt is kept to a minimum.
- Strong understanding and track record of how to drive a thriving Engineering culture, with a proven experience having successfully managed and scaled teams form several tens to 70+ engineers.
- Have experience managing engineering teams across multiple geographies, and with agencies/outsourced teams.
- Being a seasoned engineer with strong product passion and mentoring capabilities.
- Ability to adapt and react fast to an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to operate at a tactical level while understanding the big-picture strategy.
- Ability to discuss product functionalities and understand all the steps required from concept to delivery.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills and are able to keep the leadership informed, connected and engaged with Engineering priorities and challenges.
- Ability to drive sustainable growth within the Engineering organization, finding, retaining and developing top talent.
- Data-driven approach to decision making.
- Broad hands-on experience with Power Electronics, Energy Management and Mobile and Web Solutions
- Strong business understanding of how tech companies work, ideally Software and Hardware ones.
- Have an advanced degree in Computer Science or similar.
- 100% company paid individual medical & dental insurance coverage
- Free breakfast and fruit 2 days per week and unlimited coffee & beverages
- Attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive bonus scheme based on performance
- 22 vacation days per year and flexible working hours