The Software Engineer will be a critical role for WorldSensing. This role’s primary focus will be the development, definition, and deployment of software solutions for our products, whilst ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from and to these products.
We are organized in 4 scrum-based teams which collaborate across the full product lifecycle. We work together from definition to deployment.
Candidates should like participating in defining products by understanding the value proposition of the company and should enjoy helping to craft products by taking full advantage of the technology available. Candidates should be passionate about understanding technology and how it is mapped to applications in balance with company needs.
- Design and development of the software stack for our core IoT products, making sure our gateways, devices and their applications function properly (including scalability, efficiency, resilience, fault tolerance and data security techniques)
- Work closely with FW & HW engineers, product owners and other team members to implement complex end-to-end systems.
- Use technical skills to close the gaps between new requirements and the WorldSensing products.
- Rigorous commitment to documentation, quality engineering, testing, and support.
- Deployment of the software solutions in cloud servers and gateways in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Electronics
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Linux SW Development Environment
- Python, C & knowledge of at least one scripting language is a MUST
- Ethernet & TCP/IP network experience
- Wireless Communications
- Git (Subversion or other VCS experience also beneficial)
- Agile software development practices
- Prior experience in final product environments
Key Soft Competencies:
- Track record of flexibility in response to changing circumstances
- A good team player with excellent verbal and written skills along with a strong commercial focus
- A can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Passion for your work and a sense of humor
What we offer
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment
- Beautiful new office space in Sants
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!