Permutive is looking for a Software Engineer to connect our real-time data management platform to the rest of the world.
You’ll use a wide range of technologies to build unique and meaningful integrations that offer unprecedented functionality to our customers and help them deliver value through the platform. Recent examples include our integration with IBM Watson that allows customers to segment users in real-time based on the meaning of the content they’ve engaged with.
You’ll be an early hire in our engineering team, and will work on Permutive's core backend infrastructure.. Everything we build has to scale - every minute, our API handles more requests than there are new tweets! You should be keen to own the process of building new product features and managing the whole development process, including coding, testing, deploying and monitoring.
Our ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up, in a role where you'll be able to take ownership and make a real difference. As an early hire you will have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business, from product decisions and development processes to strategy.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic engineer with an interest in data, who can wear multiple hats in a rapidly growing startup.
*Who We Are*
We’re a small team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We believe that enterprise companies build clunky platforms which make big data confusing, frustrating and boring. Manipulating billions of data points should feel like you’re being plugged into the Matrix; not into a 90s accountancy package.
Our technology is fundamentally different. Every day we process billions of events across hundreds of millions of users - and we give results in milliseconds. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge.
Revenue is growing super fast; we’re working with flagship publishers and marketers; and we’re beating billion dollar competitors in market. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF and Octopus Ventures.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
We think to be brilliant in your role you really need to have:
• Experience working with REST APIs in Scala/Java
* Interest in batch and stream data processing
• Able to communicate technical concepts clearly
• Have a broad understanding of software engineering concepts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Experience with messaging systems and distributed data stores
• Experience building and deploying microservices
* Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
• Familiar with stream processing frameworks
• Familiar with the Akka framework
In our mind the real benefit is to join a team where you have a laugh together, have a huge personal impact on decisions and get excited about things together. It’s that incredible team feeling of ‘You’re my team and we’re gonna smash this’.
As a VC backed start-up we hope you’ll gain a huge amount from working with our team.
And, of course, there’s other perks too.
• Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
• Weekly lunches and quarterly socials. Highlights recently included Mexican food, escape room and pub trips
• So many office snacks you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
• Offices just off Brick Lane
• A Macbook