GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
This role will leverage the candidate’s software quality assurance and python programming experience to help design, build, and run automated test tools. The Staff QA Engineer will be responsible for testing various parts of the GoPro product ecosystem, including mobile and desktop software, as well as firmware for both spherical and non-spherical GoPro cameras. The Staff QA Engineer will work all departments and multiple locations to validate test coverage, execute automated and manual tests, and help generate automated quality reports for company-wide visibility. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Python programming and have experience in developing automated test tools in an agile software development environment.
What You Will Do
- Help develop tools and tests for highly innovative professional desktop and mobile products
- Collaborate with Engineers, UX and Product Design to help define and test new features
- Use and test the GoPro camera as part of the software ecosystem
- Create automated test jobs via Jenkins
- Integrate with a global test team located in San Diego, Bucharest, and Paris
- Use automation tools and manual testing to create detailed bug tickets in JIRA
- Generate detailed analysis and automated reports of product quality for distribution
Skills We’re Stoked About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience programming in Python or similar languages
- Experience with video encoding and decoding on mobile and desktop platforms
- 5+ Yrs Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Background in mobile development and testing
- Experience in creating automated test frameworks from scratch
- Experience with automation using Jenkins
- Understanding of RESTful architectures
- Familiarity with Linux environment (i.e. bash, CLI)
- Experience with embedded Linux devices
- Experience with C++ would be a strong asset
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro;
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included);
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Fully stocked fridges with snacks galore;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.