Do you remember the feeling when you first automated something? The power and delight you felt when it just... worked? We want to do this but for transcribing speech — the basics of human communication. For decades transcription at scale has been almost impossible, now with the advancement of ASR technology we are on the verge of having computers that understand speech. Today, almost all the infrastructure is in place but we'll need remarkable engineering to pull it off.
We are building the transcription of the future.
Humans use speech all the time. It's so important that it was one of the pillars of the Cognitive Revolution. It makes sense to transcribe it because, unlike text, you're limited with what you can do with it — it can't be searched, analysed... We are on the verge of having computers that understand speech. With the advancement of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) technology society is currently experiencing a paradigm shift.
Here at Happy Scribe we are democratising ASR technology, making it easy to use and available to everyone. ✌
Why this Role?
- Build the future of transcription. Language is fundamental for humans but almost nothing can be done with speech — It can't be searched, analysed... We have the chance to solve one of the fundamental problems of this (or the next) decade. You can help us realise this goal.
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing, internal tools, process — participating in every stage from conception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
- Join us at a magical time. We are tiny at the moment. The business is bootstrapped, growing fast and profitable and we're building the team thoughtfully and with a lot of care. Help us shape how we grow, and what we build.
About this Role
What will be your mission as an SEO Manager at Happy Scribe?
- Build a scalable SEO infrastructure. We have already done significant work on SEO. Your job will consist of scaling this infrastructure.
- Work on SEO-focused products to attract more top funnel traffic and create awareness.
- We built our product to fit our acquisition channel and not the opposite. Therefore, you will be deeply involved in all product decisions.
This might be for you if...
- Ideally 3+ years of relevant SEO experience.
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices and building internal processes to ensure we are always respecting them.
- Data driven mindset with the ability to be fairly independent on analysing opportunities and performance.
- You love steep learning curves, and are not afraid to learn about subjects that are outside of the comfort zone.
- You get things done. There are lots of people who are really excited about tons of things. Only some of those are excited about completing things.
- You care a great deal about your work. When something is off it's almost offensive to you.
Life & Team
We are tiny at the moment. The business is bootstrapped, growing fast and profitable and we're building the team thoughtfully and with a lot of care.