At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know, and are always eager to learn something new.
- Improve the existing delivery, operation and monitoring processes for the different services and systems of Glovo.
- Participate in the definition of a sustainable infrastructure strategy for Glovo and its execution.
- Help us improve and evolve the high-level architecture of our backend.
- Work side by side with developers to help them push their services from zero to production.
- Participate in incident management, diagnosis and mitigation.
- 5+ years of meaningful experience as Systems Engineer.
- Deep knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, DNS…) and operative systems.
- Experience managing Linux servers.
- Great scripting abilities (Python, Bash).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS, Kinesis…).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code automation (CloudFormation, Terraform...).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef...).
- Experience with continuous integration solutions, preferably Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience managing and tuning relational database clusters, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities, attacks and best practises to protect against them.
- Experience managing distributed services / microservices platforms.
- Experience operating and tuning Java server applications.
- Experience with Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, SQS, ZeroMQ and other message brokers.
- Experience with ElasticSearch clusters.
- Attractive compensation and equity plan.
- Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders).
- A selection of fresh fruits and snacks.
- Gym membership discounts.
- Weekly team lunches.
- Back to School Fridays (it’s all about learning and sharing knowledge).
- Team building activities.
- Relocation package.
- The opportunity to change the world and see how everyone uses the product you build.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great culture.
Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the way.
Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: Always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role; help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
Raise the bar: You're curious and capable; that's why you're at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!