Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the Role
The Query Engine team is in a unique position to enable our customers to perform real time analytics on critical security insights and intelligence data stored in our vast Data Lake and empower internal engineering teams to leverage the best datastore technology for their needs. Our technology stack is based on open source and managed Big Data systems like ClickHouse, Google BigQuery etc.
We’re looking for engineers with a background in distributed Query Engines and are excited about the opportunity to develop a large-scale analytics query engine that can crunch terabytes of data and deliver results in seconds. In this role, you’ll partner with industry experts in security and bigdata, product and engineering teams to conceptualize, design and build innovative solutions for hard problems.
This is a great opportunity to join a (small) team of smart people, learn and hone your skills in a fun and collaborative environment.
- You have experience working on distributed query and/or search engines
- You have experience scaling distributed systems
- You have experience with SQL or SQL-like language
- You have programming experience in Python, Golang or similar languages
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience with Big Data technologies like BigQuery, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch, Presto etc
- Prior experience working on distributed systems at scale
- Contribute to open source projects in this space