We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our RatedPower team working in Madrid or remote. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions. Be a part of the energy transition and join our growing team, creating intelligent connections across the energy value chain with a strategic focus on growing our offerings in Power & Renewables
The candidate will be responsible for
- Split time between managment and technical tasks.
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional agile software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team that works to ship phenomenal products
- Work on hard problems; design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services, applications, and data pipelines
- Challenge all assumptions by asking questions in the spirit of building awesome products
- Facilitate good architecture and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices
- Take complex projects and break work down into milestones to avoid large monolithic deliverables.
- Participate in planning and daily stand ups Identify big issues and opportunities, and work across teams to create solutions to these issues.
- Represent their team in cross functional team meetings
- Responsible for identifying roadblocks to success for their team and clearing these roadblocks.
- Meet regularly in one on one sessions with reports to provide feedback on career growth, areas for improvement, and praise.
- Work with their reports to identify areas for learning and helping them grow in these areas via project work, external learning, or additional mentoring.
- Focus on the whole team’s productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team’s work.
- Empowered to make decisions for the team and are learning how to handle difficult management and leadership situations.
- Identify areas of tactical technical debt, do the cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt and work with the managment team to prioritize.
- Mentor and provide direction to one team.
- Aware of industry best practices and trends.
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical and business goals, and strive to create solutions that satisfy both.
- Partner effectively with other areas of the business(Product, Sales, Support, etc).
- Track deliverable and timeline commitments
- Extensive experience working with Java, Spring Boot and modern Java frameworks and libraries.
- Ability to deliver feedback on a timely and effective manner.
- Effective communicator, able to provide guidance and mentorship on software development.Experience with code optimization, parallel programming and resolution of complex problems.
- Experience with Metaheuristics, fuzzy logic, soft computing, graph theory, optimization and/or statist
- Proactiveness, teamwork, and fast learning.
- English language working competence B2 (minimum), or C1 (ideal).
What we offer
- Work on a unique product where you can see the result of your work materialize in every new release.
- Face new and amazing challenges leveraging the newest technologies: we work with SpringBoot, GraphQL, Java 11 (Java 17 coming soon!), MySQL 8.0, AWS, automated testing, etc.
- You choose: position fully remote (based in Spain) or hybrid working model (able to combine working from home and from our office in Madrid city center).
- Great teamwork working side by side with an incredibly talented workforce willing to share its knowledge and expertise.
- Career development according to your aspirations and interests. We support our employees with continuous training. You'll get to work together with your manager on definig your career path (focused on technology, team management, and many other possibilities).
- Opportunity to develop yourself and to be part of a fast-growing startup. You'll have a direct impact on our way of working and decisions made in the business.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Work-life balance and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. We work with humans. Happy humans.
- Your work will be meaningful and have a direct impact on the planet. Together we shape the future of renewables.
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.