Pulselive is a leading technology company specialising in sport. We’re proud digital partner to some of the world’s largest sport organisations, including:
- Premier League
- International Cricket Council (ICC)
- World Rugby
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Barcelona Football Club
- Leicester City Football Club
This means we’re responsible for creating, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Rugby or Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s iOS and Android apps.
Why We’re Unique »
We operate at the intersection of digital, social media and broadcast, in an industry that’s rapidly evolving and converging through technology. We help our clients adapt to the way sports fans, like us, are rapidly changing their consumption habits.
It’s how we engage a global audience of passionate fans that gets us excited, in addition to the creative and technical challenges this presents. We’ve a team of highly talented and motivated creatives, developers, product managers and operators that work together to make this happen.
We have the added benefit of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation. This gives us a range of benefits, from financial security to staff discounts. We remain independently run and retaining a young, energetic start-up mentality is of great importance to us. Our team is currently ~70 strong, predominantly in the UK, with a couple of offices overseas.
The Role »
a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect
and build solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide. You
will be able to work with a wide range of data sources and providers
from video, commentary to live sports data. At Pulselive, we pride
ourselves in providing a collaborative environment that ensures we
produce leading products across web and native applications. You will
lead and motivate others as well as progress your own skills and
expertise along the way, taking opportunities to learn new technologies
- Producing back-end code to a high standard that not only functions correctly but can be understood and extended by other members of the team
- Showing good attention to detail in the final product, taking care and pride in what is produced
- Communicating clearly to ensure the best possible solutions are built
- Leading and motivating other members of the development team to fulfill their roles effectively, helping to develop their skills and knowledge
- Line management of Developers ( no more than 1 day a week ). This includes performance reviews, time management, ongoing role support etc.
- Developing own skills to get as many aspects to an expert level, as possible
- Sharing of ideas and techniques across the development team, contributing to and learning from the team as a whole
- Scoping and managing project tasks from requirements
- Assigning and tracking project tasks on behalf of other members of the development team
- Identifying and managing dependencies within a project, across departments and externally (alongside the Project/Product Manager)
- Managing code releases to all environments (Dev, Test, Staging and Prod)
- Tracking and communicating progress within a project across the project team, especially the Project/Product Manager
Expert knowledge of
- Java 8
- Spring 4
- GIT usage and code management
- JSON data structures
- JIRA usage for task/ticket management
- Providing RESTful services
- Documenting solutions and code
- Unit testing
- AWS products
- Continuous Integration
- HTML, CSS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.