What you tell your friends you do:
"Many times I feel like an explorer in the jungle, discovering new lands of technology and innovative products. Other times I feel like an archeologist translating mysterious hieroglyphics when I am learning a new framework or using a new Saas provider. What makes me wake up every morning is living in a culture of continuous learning and improvement, quality, innovation, led by the philosophy that work can be serious, but should also be fun!"
What you will really be doing with your team:
- You will part of our agile, multidisciplinary team. We are very proud of the excellent standard of technical knowledge and skill we maintain but are even more proud of the open and human environment in which we work. Our diversity makes us who we are and, from the beginning, you will have a powerful voice as part of our team.
- Contribute to building platforms, tools, and dashboards to enable engineers to root cause quickly.
- Support developers by updating existing code to address application availability, performance, observability, efficiency, and security challenges.
- Develop tools and systems to automate the identification, analysis, and remediation of application events, infrastructure issues, or user support requests.
- Delighting people with enthusiasm and with tools that empower their creativity and let them work a sane schedule.
- How about your frustration tolerance? Trying to change the mindset of a big company can be a difficult task. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a highly uncertain environment.
- Join the Observability team to help understand how our high-density workloads behave in production.
- Design and build new features for infrastructure and services observability. Dive into new technologies and figure out how to best monitor them.
- You’ll communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs.
- Develop metric-based dashboards to monitor not only the infrastructure but the new and legacy applications running on it.
- Identifying bottlenecks in distributed systems.
- Help the development teams to create robust applications by using logs, metrics, and traces following industry standards.
- You’ll work in a distributed team throughout the world, are you ready?
- Are you familiar with operations? metrics/statistics, incident management, post-mortems, etc… you must!
- Training developers in the use of new tools and technologies.
- Willing to be part in the future of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Types of Payvision projects we work on:
- Powerful payment solution: build high scalable rest APIs processing millions of transactions per day.
- Fraud scrubbing engine: stop fraud nightmare analyzing events in real-time.
- Merchant journey: engage customers facilitating onboarding and consolidate our relationship.
- Merchant Boarding: the process of adding the new merchant in a payment gateway system so that merchant can access their API and test the PG.
Role requirements, are we a match?
- To be prepared for the tasks you’ll do with the team (at the top of the job description).
- Linux experience is very important for us, our stack is based on Linux.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations is a must.
- Also, if you normally work with Azure DevOps for CI/CD pipelines, VMware as the hypervisor for our on-premise workloads, Packer, and Ansible for automating our provisioning tasks, Kubernetes with Cilium for container orchestration.
- The knowledge of Go or Python will be very useful.
- We use Harbor to host our images and provide vulnerability reports to our development teams.
What we offer:
- Mediors: 30-40K / Seniors: 40-50K.
- Remote work twice a week.**
- Flexible schedule (from 7:30 to 10:00 to 16.30-19:00 and Fridays until 15.00 as it´s time to have a long weekend!)
- Meal card 9€ per worked day.
- Medical insurance.
- Transport card or parking spot.
- 25 vacation days and extra time off options.
- The positive spirit within a top-notch international team.
- Share the glory of disrupting the fintech landscape.
- Challenging projects and freedom to experiment.
- Continuous learning: free language classes, IT certifications, technical events, budget for books, and online training sites.
- An unbeatable environment (rest area with videogames, free coffee/tea/fruits, no dress code).
- Team buildings and regular parties.
** In the current pandemic situation, we have opened the office, but attendance is completely optional. It could be considered that we have Full Remote until 2021.
Our screening process:
We’re dedicated to working ethically and with transparency in the world of payments. That’s why you’ll also play an important role when joining us by completing pre-employment screening. This is part of our selection process to hire reliable, honest, and skilled colleagues. That means the screening can include checking your references, CV, diploma and/or other documents, as well as sending us a self-declaration form and statement of good conduct. Thanks for your collaboration!