We are looking for a senior backend developer to join our Martian team, with strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Communication with clients and teammates.
- Self-management working remotely.
- Regular contributor to open source projects.
- Positive attitude towards new challenges.
- Attention to detail.
- Fast learner.
- Proactive & able to work alone on projects managed by you.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.
- At least 3 years of production experience building Ruby on Rails applications.
- At least 1 year of production experience in any other backend programming language.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases, especially PostgreSQL.
- Production experience deploying and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications. Familiar with Capistrano, Docker and the Amazon Web Services platform.
- Strong Git knowledge.
- Familiar with Ruby automatic test frameworks like Rspec and Capybara.
- Be able to build software that scales over time, in both performance and maintainability.
- Good software writer. Not only do we want you to solve problems, but we also want to understand your solutions.
- You may only apply for this position if you reside in Europe.
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home or from a coworking space.
- Flexible working hours.
- Amazing coworkers.
- Modern tech stack and methodologies.
- Transparency and quality-oriented culture.
- Company activities.
- Between €35K and €42K, depending on experience.