We are an award winning, InsurTech startup on the hunt for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our growing team.
We have a unique proposition that combines smart technology (like connected cameras, leak and motion sensors and smoke alarms) with comprehensive home insurance, all connected to the Neos app to deliver true, 24/7 piece of mind to our customers. Protecting what matters most, when it most matters is at the heart of our business.
We are on a
mission to disrupt the insurance industry and give customers great
value. As a startup we are the new brand on the block, looking to spread
the word and drive spectacular growth. We find opportunities everywhere
and solve problems together to make sure we deliver for our customers.
The result is a calm, yet purposeful environment, with a sociable and
We were recently ranked no. 6 in the world’s 100 most disruptive brands, winning awards for Best Insurer in IoT, Internet of Things Breakthrough and the Insurance Times ‘Insurer Innovation of the Year’ award 2017, as well as their 'B2C Insurance Start-Up of the Year' award in 2018.
YOUR ROLEReporting to the lead developer you will join the core team to implement high-quality and engaging web interfaces for our insurance and IoT platforms, which enable customers to obtain quotes and purchase our connected home policies, provides the admin functions for our insurance operations team to support the growing Neos book, and powers connected home insurance products for an increasing number of major insurance brands alongside our own. As a senior team member, you will be expected to take the lead in front-end solution architecture and will also play a key part in technology selection to ensure we stay in line with state-of-the-art and best practice. This is a full-time position, based in either our Brighton or our London office.
We want to hear from you if you're:
- A senior-level front-end developer who can get up to speed quickly and bring additional hands-on experience to our core team.
- An excellent communicator, with experience of working in small, dispersed teams.
- Able to work from a minimal brief but recognise when essential requirements are missing.
- About promoting high standards, with a laser focus on completion and release.
- Keen to guide and support less-experienced team members to participate in code reviews.
- Experienced within a fast-paced tech startup environment (advantageous).
- At least 5 years’ experience as a front-end developer in a commercial environment
- Expert knowledge of:
- HTML, CSS
- AngularJS and its design concepts (min 3 years)
- MVC, REST, JSON – interfacing with RESTful APIs from web applications.
- cross browser and cross platform development
- Strong experience of:
- Git, using pull requests
- TDD with build/test automation
- Project-led and agile/scrum environments
- Desired Experience of:
- Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or other design tools
- mapping out customer journeys
- able to design/adapt UI components where necessary
- writing Amazon Alexa skills may be of interest
People matter at Neos. We’re a vibrant, friendly team who practise togetherness, cherish diversity, celebrate achievements, reward hard work and believe in our product. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow in your area of expertise and you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
- Up to £55,000 per annum salary (DOE)
- Choose your own computer
- 22 days’ holidays per year (excluding public holidays);
- Private medical insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great coffee, daily snacks and a fabulous, collaborative working space in either Brighton or London
Please note that applicants must already have the required visas to live and work in the UK.
DIVERSITY AT NEOS
Neos embraces diversity and we will always promote the benefits of a diverse team across our entire business. We rigorously ensure that we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions and place an obligation upon all team members to respect and act in accordance with this core value.