As a member of the backend team, your primary focus will be the development of the API. Forming the core of the Speakap platform, this is the webservice that all clients, including the web frontend, our mobile apps, and third party applications talk to.
In close collaboration with the rest of the team, you’ll be working on new features and improving existing functionality, while always keeping in mind security-, performance- and scalability aspects. Your knowledge and experience will be vital in discussions about architectural design, choice of technologies and ways to approach the challenges faced.
- have 3+ years of hands-on experience building scalable, high-performance multitier software
- have strong abstract reasoning skills
- have an agile mindset
- apply SOLID principles
- are familiar with most common design patterns
- have extensive and recent experience with:
- PHP, ECMAScript 5 or higher and at least 2 other programming languages
- Symfony2, Laravel or similar frameworks
- Relational Databases: MySQL, MariaDB or similar RDBs
- Automated testing: PHPUnit, Behat or similar
- Continuous Integration
- shell scripting
- have an advantage if you have experience with Elasticsearch, Node.js, Java (8 or 9), Redis, Lua, NGINX or OAuth 2
- have an excellent understanding of network protocols
- know your way around Linux
- believe your work is only done when it’s covered by automated tests
- automate repetitive tasks because you hate doing the same thing twice
- have good communication skills and are fluent in English
- experienced, knowledgeable and friendly colleagues
- a pleasant work environment
- the chance to help build an exciting new communication platform
- regular drinks, quality lunches, a foosball table and the latest MacBooks
- plenty of room for your own ideas
- a good salary
Speakap is an Amsterdam-based company developing a secure and private social platform. Hundreds of organizations and thousands of users benefit from our proven technology and have already improved their internal communication and processes. From small businesses to large enterprises: collaboration is happening everywhere.
Our experienced team constantly strives to create an even better application while taking into account usability, scalability and security. The new communication method used within organizations calls for an integrated user experience.
We want to make it easier to work and communicate internally, in all layers of the organization: from headquarters to local branches and from managers to sales representatives.
Up for the job?
Ready to make a next step in your career? Apply now. Get our attention by sending us a cover letter and your CV. For questions regarding your application please contact Erwin van der Vlist (+3120 – 820 42 96 / email@example.com).