Are you a Senior Back-End Engineer with an appetite for hanging out with other brilliant & creative minds?
Is an innovative, vibrant environment and being amidst the smartest technical disruptors your cup of tea?
Moreover, would you like to see your value as a professional increase immensely and be the embodiment of our overall objective ‘disrupt for good’? Then, come on over and join us: We’re looking for you!
What we need: We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has a mastery of RESTful web services, years of experience in Node.js and/or Typescript, and the ability to work with architects to convert designs into highly reliable services.
About the team: We are a group of people privileged to work on one of the most exciting products, a social robot called jibo. This little guy is part of our daily life and even though he is challenging us a lot, he makes our work exciting and fun, and every time we see this new feature expressed with his character and his movements, it gives us a smile for the day. Our colleagues are working in various locations in different time zones, so this team is comfortable working together remotely, but you have to see our new offices, where a social, charming robot, is not the coolest tech in the room.
- You live, eat and breathe code! A quick learner and problem solver equipped with impressive programming and web application development skills.
- Work with the team to create and maintain backend services by translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable services in Node.js / Typescript.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications. Strive always for quality, and performance, at scale.
- Drive and oversee code quality, organization, and automatization.
- BS / MS in computer science, or equivalent domain knowledge
- 5+ years of work-experience in Node.js and/or Typescript, with advanced knowledge in frameworks such as “Express”, “Koa” or “Hapi”
- Deep understanding of and experience implementing RESTful APIs, Sockets and RPCs
- Hands-on experience in authenticating and authorizing users in a multi-tenant architecture
- Familiar with design and architectural patterns that can work at scale
- Comfortable coding “the TDD way”
- Good knowledge of in-memory and NoSQL databases such as Redis and MongoDB
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences (application in English please)
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Right to work in EU
Location: Madrid (of course, teleworking is possible)
Our Offer to you: This workplace! Going to work will feel like coming home. As working with the brightest, the insatiable curious & the creative forward-thinkers, makes work fun. It’s that simple a truth. And, if you’re a bit of a techie yourself, like we are, it can’t get any cooler than shaping and developing new disruptive technologies for a better society. Salary? Yes, that too.
NTT Disruption is an Open Disruption Platform built to meet and embrace great new ideas to co-create, co-validate and co-accelerate through exponential technologies.
Launched in 2019 as a new business area of NTT Global, our goal is moving forward in technological disruption and create a real impact in specific industries and through that improve the society we live in.
At NTT Disruption we fully embrace differences. Differences gives us new insights, new learnings, inspiration and aspirations. Being different is enriching. Different views excite us. We offer a workplace where every individual can thrive. Going to work should feel like coming home. NTT Disruption takes pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.