We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to maintain and develop the back-end of our cloud platform for managing medical imaging data using Python. You will be responsible for providing architectural and technical guidance to the team, interface with internal customers, and develop deliverables to improve our platform.
Technologies include Cloud computing infrastructures (GCE, AWS), Python, NoSQL databases (MongoDB), Relational Databases, Kubernetes, Python, and more.
- Define, document, test and communicate the backend architecture
- Product development in Python on the backend of the web platform
- Maintenance of the existing production platform
- Work in an Agile environment, striving for well-documented code, automated testing, and continuous integration and delivery.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in modern programming languages (Python 3) and open-source technologies on Linux
- Experience with Python web frameworks, such as Tornado, Django and Flask
- Experience building scalable infrastructure for distributed computing
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Development and maintenance of REST-based interfaces
- Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
Desired qualifications (optional)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Google/Amazon cloud infrastructure
- Experience with CI/CD
- Working alongside an interdisciplinary team of front-end, UX and back-end developers
- Familiar with DICOM and other medical imaging standards
- Outstanding communication skills
QMENTA is a multi-disciplinary science and engineering start-up. The company’s mission is to develop technologies to better understand the healthy and diseased brain. We are a fast-growing startup. In the last 6 years, we have expanded our business globally and served hospitals, research centers and pharmaceutical companies in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
At QMENTA, we strive on solving hard problems with creative solutions, and have fun during the process. In everything we do, we’re guided by our ABCDE’s core values:
- Positiveness: We face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Encourage: We work hard and share your enthusiasm.
- Amplify: We amplify our capabilities and multiply results.
- Brains before brawn: We are resourceful and innovative.
- Proactive: We generate constructive change both personal and professional.
- Pride: We take pride in our work and recognize it.
- Ambition: We tackle important and meaningful problems.
- Impact: We are making a difference in the world.
- Excellence: We set the bar high.
- Fast delivery: We are nimble and efficient.
- Quality: We understand our clients and deliver the highest quality product.
- Accountability: We are pragmatic and meet our commitments.
- Privacy and Security: We design our systems to protect data following global industry standards.
- Expertise: We have the knowledge and skills to solve your problems.
- Trust: We are honest, ethical and our word is our bond.
Only CVs in English will be taken into consideration.
We are an exciting and rapidly growing business where everyone works hard towards a common goal of exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for the right candidate to join us on our journey.