Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Scrum Master do?
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. As a Scrum Master at Travelport, you will support one or multiple Scrum Teams and their Product Owners, by leading and coaching them in both Agile and Scrum values, helping them to continue to deliver Efficiency Suite, an amazing technical automation product, to our customers!
What’s Efficiency Suite?
Efficiency Suite is a self-service portal that allows our customers to configure rules to automate travel agents’ repetitive tasks to finalise bookings. Providing such a tool allows our customers to save time and money to concentrate on the core of their business and expertise.
The efficiency Suite tool is in beta phase with key customers. We are targeting to go to global availability by end of September. The focus is on ramping the tool with new capabilities to ensure adoption of the tool. The team is also concentrating on making the application more scalable and robust as well as improving the time to market via automation of continuous delivery pipeline.
- Facilitate Progress Toward Team Goals – Continuously challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Continuous Improvement – Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions. Teach problem-solving techniques and help the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Team Self-Management/Cross-Functionality - Coach the team members in self-management and cross-functionality.
- Estimation - Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and help the team understand how to estimate their work.
- Support the Product Owner - Help and coach the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Help Build a High-Performance Team - Help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate to management if/when internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue.
- Participate in our Agile Community of Practice - Working with our Agile community of practice to guide, support and further enhance the understanding of agile within the company.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification required.
- 3+ years experience in the Scrum Master role in a software development environment.
- Experience working with multiple Scrum Teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in Scrum (retrospective formats, handling bugs, tech debt, etc.)
- Knowledge of other approaches used in teams, such as XP, Kanban, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite benefits/perks…
Competitive base salary, quarterly bonus, private medical insurance, pension plan, meal tickets, gym sub, very generous holiday allowance and more!!
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!*
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style.
Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.