Ruby Developer in Barcelona
What would you think if you had the opportunity to make the world more sustainable?
Being a coding lover is a big plus of course, but what if your job would have a positive impact on the world itself? Farmy develops and runs an organic and local food e-commerce retail platform which connects customers with farmers’ product supplies directly. When you place an order with Farmy, you get fresh food, which a day before was collected at the farmyard, right to your doorstep or your favorite cafe – a thing, no conventional retail chain can give you.
And you could help these same costumers to have access and eat in a healthy, sustainable way.
- Quick Farmy programming geek trivia: One of the creators of Google’s Go programming language, is doing an innovative project based on our platform.-
This developer position is a flexible role in a mostly full-stack team, while working on developing and enhancing a number of integrated client-server platforms.
- Regular routine will be about automation of e-commerce business processes (building services,
- A fair share of the job will take you into the world of predictions and data
visualization and mobile API development.
Technical and non-human skills we share at Farmy:
- Ruby on Rails framework and ecosystem;
- Ruby and RSpec;
- jQuery, AngularJS
- Our app is based on Spree Commerce framework fork, so if you’ve ever touched it, hooray!
- Programmatically working with office file formats;
- RESTful APIs and modern authentication patterns;
- User-level command line and visual Git;
- User-level skill with bash shell in Linux required;
- Our workflow is agile, with Trello serving as the backbone.
Human Language Skills:
High spoken and written English (The team communicates mostly in English, but sometimes we use Spanglish, just so you know)
Standard full-time week work, but with the great option of remote working out of the office days, as we know that working from home, some time, it’s of vital necessity.
Competitive salary, startup culture, covered trips to Switzerland (think about its chocolate!) for orientation and team-building activities.
Hit the apply button or send a quick message to email@example.com and our partner in crime Daniel from Nederlia.com will get in touch with you with more details.
Farmy develops and runs an organic and local food retail platform which connects customers with farmers’ product supplies directly. When you place an order with Farmy, you get fresh food, which a day before was collected at the farmyard, right to your doorstep or your favorite cafe – a thing, no conventional retail chain can give you. Our customers love eating healthy and fresh food, and with over 2,000 products on sale in our catalog, we do try to satisfy their appetite with every update.
Our company is growing rapidly, after two successful years on the Swiss market, preparing for expansion and we’re hiring.
The working environment will be a nice digital office space (just few minutes away from the beach!) with friendly people, delicious coffee and fine activity options around the place.