Fluendo is a leading company on multimedia solutions based on the GStreamer framework. We develop from high-end video and audio codecs, to slick end-user applications or multimedia middle-ware powering different playback, encoding and streaming scenarios. Our software is being used in millions of devices and our clients vary from the main thin client manufacturers to the world’s leading film production labels.
Our engineering team is a multidisciplinary group of skilled and passionate engineers following good development practices, using Git everywhere, writing unit tests and end-to-end tests to feed our CI systems or doing peer-reviews among other things. We use Jira to manage epics, stories, issues and bugs and each team works with the methodology that fits their needs best. Our support team also helps the engineering team in the first level support trying to triage and provide as much information as possible to reproduce bugs. But ourselves and our users have a very high standard for quality and following good practices is not enough to ensure the quality we expect when releasing new versions… and this is where we need you!
We are building the QA department from the ground up and as a QA Manager you will be leading the QA strategy in the company for the different teams. We believe that QA should be a traversal tool among the company, therefore it should be a key member of the inception, development and release stage of the company's products and services.
- Define the QA strategy of all the products in the company.
- Define the quarter based goals based on the metrics agreed.
- Define the responsibilities of the QA team.
- Define the process of QA in the different product teams.
- Define when and how the different tests are run.
- Keep up to date the DoD of the different products
- Along with the CTO develop a plan to reduce the technical debt and include it as part of the roadmap.
- Define the documentation standards and communicate along the product teams: requirements, bugs, user stories, features requests.
- You have a Computer Science background.
- You like new challenges and enjoy solving problems.
- You have strong knowledge of SQA methodologies.
- You have experience defining and implementing SQA processes around several teams.
- You know how to use software management tools like Jira and manage SQA with it.
- You have used Test Managment Sofware tools including TestRails, X-Ray, etc.
- You have experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Career path
- Beautiful offices in Barcelona's city center
- English and Spanish lessons
- Relocation pack if you are moving to Barcelona
- Fruit on Mondays
- Free coffee
- 2 team buildings per year
- Gym and private medical insurance
- 25 vacation days
- Half-day on Fridays
- Work-from-home on Fridays
- Internal tech talks
- Internal hackathons
- 2 days-off and personal budget for conferences and courses
- Flexible working hours
- Great work environment