To join its international team in Amsterdam, Bitsafe is seeking to hire an
Python Engineer (m/f)
32-40 hours a week
Bitsafe is the new name for Freenom and Verotel, two disruptive
brands in the transactional online business space. Freenom is the
world's second largest domain registration provider with over 35 million
active internet domains registered. Verotel is a registered Payment
Institution processing millions of credit card transactions.
Bitsafe brings these two brands together into a new service: a
Bitsafe Basic Payment Account. Offering a “discreet account”, Bitsafe
provides a Bitsafe IBAN, allowing account holders to take part of SEPA
transactions and hold domain names and other digital assets. Soon a
Mastercard debit card will be added to these Bitsafe accounts.
To help us in building all the systems supporting the Bitsafe offerings, we are looking for a high-performing smart Python Engineer. You will be part of a technical team with engineers in all kinds of internet related technology. Bitsafe works in an agile environment and is driven by continual development. Bitsafe's services are built in Python and constantly evolving. Most services are built on top of the Flask framework and run in cloud environments like Kubernetes. The challenge is to keep expanding the services’ functionality while keeping the code clean and lean and the services stable and secure.
As a Python Engineer you are a self-motivated, communicative
technologist that thinks all things should be automated. You like to
apply new technology, but are not afraid of old concept proven software.
You enjoy figuring out why code does not work properly and want to fix
the problem. As a Python Engineer you are open to learning new things.
We want you to understand the entire business from a technical angle so
that armed with this knowledge you will be able to build awesome Bitsafe
services that everyone is happy to use.
As part of our services we provide payment solutions to
high-risk businesses, this includes online adult entertainment websites.
This means that you need to feel comfortable with adult content and
interacting with the people who run those online businesses.
- Build and extend Bitsafe’s KYC ("Know Your Customer") and Transaction Monitoring services;
- Speed up the current platform by redesigning and implementing parts of it;
- Port services to the cloud;
- Work with high load services and figure out how to scale.
As a minimum, you
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Have extensive experience in programming Python;
- Have extensive experience with the Flask framework;
- Have extensive experience in writing SQL;
- Have experience with Unix environments like FreeBSD and Linux;
- Have experience with AWS and Google Cloud;
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Have a residency and work permit in the Netherlands.
Bonus points for:
- MBA or Masters degree;
- Experience in an international business;
- Experience in finance industry.
What we offer:
- An international multilingual team in a fast and growing environment;
- A very competitive salary / pension package;
- A modern, spacious office in the Houthavens with beautiful view on ‘het IJ’.
Are you a natural born shape shifter who enjoys
jumping into multiple types of projects across the company? Do you enjoy
working within a dynamic, informal and entrepreneurial environment?
Then jump onboard and apply today!
How to apply
Please send us an email with your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We kindly ask recruitment agencies and headhunters to not come with an offer to find qualified candidates for our vacancies.