PHP Lead Developer in Barcelona
Based in beautiful, sunny Barcelona, we specialise in the food-marketing sector and are revolutionising the way in which food brands undergo their sampling, market-research and future marketing strategies. We have a clear mission: to surprise people with products they love, while at the same time bringing brands closer to their customers.
At Degustabox you’ll find a highly-motivated group that values team-work and innovation, which is why all opinions and ideas are valued and actively encouraged throughout the company.
We’re looking for passionate professionals who enjoy a challenge to help us achieve our goal of being the Number One in Food-Discovery worldwide (that’s right, we aim high!).
Do you have a knack for coordinating and managing the company portal? Are you good at developing new features and maintaining existing ones? Do you enjoy leading a team of developers? If so, then please read on.
Our PHP Lead Developer plays a fundamental role in the company. You will be responsible for Degustabox.com from start to finish, making key decisions about the solutions, technologies and architecture of current and future projects.
You'll be responsible of the development of our platform leading a cross-functional agile team. You'll also coordinate tests and releases, estimate work-load and distribute tasks between developers and review code.
Your team will be performing a migration to a new architecture, applying SOLID principles and modern technological stack.
- Lead the development team working on our platform
- Coordinate tests and releases.
- Develop new features, based on the backlog.
- Find and implement solutions to each of the tickets.
- Carry out database maintenance, including data quality and consistency.
- Solve issues related to the database
- Conduct system backups.
- Manage the monitoring platforms.
- Handle all software updates.
- Coordinate release cycle, creating branches, setting up test dates and releasing dates.
- Prepare website for tests, managing staging server.
- Investigate new technologies/APIs/solutions for future use.
- Carry out server maintenance, managing its performance and any relevant security issues.
Technologies we are currently using:
- PHP 7 (Yii, Laravel), Nginx, Ubuntu
- Node.js, Express.js, PM2
- AWS, Terraform, Ansible
- MySQL (Aurora)
- jQuery, Vue.js, SASS, Webpack
- AWS Lambda, Serverless framework
We are planning a migration from a monolith Yii application to a SPA based on Laravel and Vue with extraction of some functionalities into microservices in Node.js (these technologies are not 100% decided yet).
This is you
- You have an excellent PHP and MySQL knowledge.
- You have 5+ years of work experience
- You can demonstrate leadership skills either having experience of managing a small team or of leading projects.
- You are familiar with Scrum
- You have experience with working with cloud computing services (AWS)
- You have experience with working with Single Page Applications
- You have a deep knowledge of software architecture
- It's a plus if you have experience in conducting the project migration projects (migrating to the new framework)
- It's a plus if you have a knowledge about CI/CD processes
- You have some experience working with Docker
- You have some knowledge about reactive front-end frameworks (Vue.js, React)
- You know about Linux administration (at a medium or higher level).
- You have experience with MVC frameworks (Yii, Laravel or similar).
- You have experience in managing and using GIT.
- You understand and use good programming practices, writing clean code, apply the SOLID principles.
- You understand design patterns.
- You are able to think analytically.
- You are able to see ahead and foresee the border conditions.
- You have good knowledge of web and systems security.
You will enjoy
The most important thing we offer at Degusta Box is the professional challenge coupled with our company culture. We are dedicated, perseverant and friendly, and everyone is highly valued in our team.
We also offer:
- Flexible working hours
- 50% discount on medical insurance
- Benefits sharing program
- 23 days’ holiday a year + ½ a day off on your birthday
- In-house English and Spanish classes
- Company yoga
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Unlimited snacks
- Got something to bring to The Box? We’d love to hear from you.