Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Lead Data Scientist
eBay Classifieds Group is a leader in local marketplaces, with 10 brands that offer services in more than 1,000 cities around the world. Our apps and sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Our central product and tech organization services all our markets by providing key capabilities & services which are demonstrated by all of our sites. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our environment.
Now we are looking for an experienced Lead Data Scientist with proven track-records in translating data to business value to join the world’s leading online classifieds business.
Given the pace the industry is moving we are constantly rethinking adapting our approach to using data to deliver compelling user experiences leveraging recent advancements in technology.
You will be lead data scientist with our central data team, working with highly skilled engineers and scientists to help deliver our strategy around leveraging Big Data and advanced Data Science techniques to transform our business across the globe.
Statistical models are what you have for breakfast, large-scale machine learning for lunch and business problems you solve for dinner.
- Apply machine learning and advanced statistics on a global scale to design and implement models and algorithms that solve real-world business problems like customer segmentation, channel attribution, marketing performance and yield optimization
- Work closely together with global tech and product teams to develop new ideas, test them and measure success.
- Translate complex and sometimes ambiguous data and insights into concise and actionable recommendations.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science or an adjacent field with an established track record of making things that work
- Proactive, curious and self-motivated
- As a Data Scientist working in a business setting, you have a pragmatic approach and know when it is worth to give 100% and when 20% is sufficient
- Fluency in English and great communication skills and ability to concisely and to-the-point deliver recommendations & proposals
- Expert in data mining and advanced modeling techniques including predictive modeling using R and/or Python
- Expert SQL skills (e.g. Teradata, MySQL or HIVE)
- Extensive experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and similar tools
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar field.
What you can expect from us:
- A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products
- Access to tools and resources to do your job
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more
- Continuous Deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment
experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and
thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to
apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact
Radboud Fluttert 0031 6 5471 2410 / firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent