We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Apps are replacing the mobile web. As the next generation of shoppers go online, they increasingly go mobile, and they favour apps. Nielsen and Flurry both report that 90% of time spent on mobile is spent in apps. Apps are taking over, and it’s happening faster than people thought. The problem today is that apps need a completely different back-end compared to the web. Instead of rendering the HTML on the server and pushing it to a browser, the new generation of REST APIs provide clean and tidy JSON data that's easy and fast to use in apps.
And this is when you come in. The apps are a shiny front-end, but all the cool stuff actually happens in our APIs in the cloud. Because our platform plugs retailers into an ecosystem of technology providers in the cloud, we need to connect our customers to our platform and to providers such as Magento, Shopify and Stripe. As an essential member of our Professional Services Team, this role will help to make that happen.
What you'll be doing
- Translate user journeys and data flows into functional back-end integrations
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code and tests
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Suggest improvements and optimisations to the back end platform
- Strive to create solutions that adhere to platform standards
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years experience with C#, .NET
- University graduate with internship experience also excellent
- Strong knowledge of working with Rest APIs using Asp.Net Web API
- Creating solutions that customers love
- Love of writing clean, maintainable, easy-to-test code.
- Working with Cloud Infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Agile experience
- Mobile development experience
- Experience using Test Driven Development
- Experience developing e-commerce solutions
- Knowledge of working in open source communities
- Experience with distributed systems and micro-services architecture
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
- Competitive salary.
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.