We are growing again! At mediasmart we are looking for a Junior backend developer (entry-level position) to join our tech team.
mediasmart started in January 2012 and is one of the most innovative platforms in the mobile programmatic advertising space. VC funded in its origin, mediasmart is now part of Affle International (Singapore), a global consumer intelligence technology company that has Microsoft, D2C (An NTT DoCoMo, Dentsu & NTT Advertising JV), Itochu, Bennett Coleman & Company (BCCL) as shareholders, and whose Indian subsidiary trades on the India stock exchanges (BSE: 542752 & NSE: AFFLE).
mediasmart has offices in Madrid, Paris, and New York. Since its inception, mediasmart has always been very clear on its position in the mobile advertising ecosystem: full focus on advertisers and the buying process. Today we are the first programmatic platform that allows advertisers to measure the incremental impact of their drive to store and app promotion campaigns in real time, so that they can invest more in what really helps them grow their business.
mediasmart was one of the first players to enter the programmatic mobile ecosystem and to date our proprietary technology stack comprises of a DSP, DMP & Ad-Server, as well as direct connections to more than 30 ad exchanges where we buy display, video, audio and native ads on mobile apps, web, smart TV and desktop.
Our culture and values
- Be a generous leader. One that helps others succeed and celebrate their success.
- Love curiosity. Keep learning and stay relevant.
- It’s a team effort. Collaborate and cooperate to build a smart company.
- Go farther. Be an example for others. Set the bar.
- Love what we do. Love our work with passion and respect.
- Do good and do well. Our work matters.
We work hard and never forget to have fun in the process. Absolutely devoted to our customers and to building the best mobile advertising company out there, our passion shines through everything we do.
Junior Backend developer
- Develop new functionalities and maintain our product.
- Deliver new code fast and reliably, and always ensure that it works in production.
- Be able to promptly solve issues directly in the existing code.
- Proactively analyse areas to improve and propose projects to make our product more effective.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Some experience with Git version control.
- Basic Linux administration.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Proactivity, critical thinking and good disposition for working in teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience with NoSQL and big data databases: BigQuery, Redis, RocksDB...
- Experience in cloud computing like AWS or GCP.
- Interest in machine learning and statistics.
Don’t worry if you lack some of the requirements; we would teach you everything needed rather than passing on the right person.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent contract.
- Career plan.
- Courses (related online or offline courses you might like).
- Remote work, also after COVID. Spain or LATAM preferable.
- Flexible hours.
- Join a motivated and innovative team using state of art technologies.
- Join a company with large expansion and growth projects
- Do work that makes a difference.