At Flyt, we believe that the way venues (serving food & drinks) acquire customers is perfectly suited for a world that no longer exists. Users have moved on to apps on their phones, home delivery services, and will soon tap into some real crazy possibilities with technology. The good folks at Venues know it's absolutely possible to get customers this way, but installing tech and using it takes months, if not years to get setup and running. And, that's not what they do. It's broken. We must fix it.
We are building - what we call - "The Hub", a universal integration platform for the hospitality industry, that seamlessly connects venues serving food and drinks to the 1000s of apps that customers love, all through One Universal Award Winning API. From that, we will build the second act of our vision - a marketplace - where services and venues get to work together, in minutes not months, so installing technology is made easy. So they both get more customers.
We work with leading hospitality operators and consumer platforms including Nando’s, Mitchells and Butlers, PizzaExpress, Just Eat, Uber Eats, Facebook and more to enable solutions in thousands of venues across the UK (and soon, the US).
How you can contribute
We want to hear from creative and capable engineers who love solving problems.
What will make you a great fit.
- You love reading, learning and leveling-up on everything code and software engineering related. You might not have several years of commercial experience but if you share with us your personal projects that will impress us, that is enough. You crave the rhythm of a startup (shipping daily, several times a day). You are not put off by challenging problems and are always hungry to learn more.
- You need to be curious, try new tech that makes your development skills better.
- You have the energy and excitement, and you are driven by finally finding and cracking an issue.
- You will work in an Agile environment, and we expect you to have know the basics of Agile, or at least a willingness to learn.
- You are working on being good at PHP, you know OOP, care about testing and can learn to be a superstar, at using a debugger.
- London, UK based.
Our tech stack:
Our current PHP application powers both our API and POS integration layers and, at the moment, makes up the majority of our development effort. Recently we have introduced some Golang and NodeJS services as we break this monolithic API into slimmer microservices. We don't require that you're a PHP ninja, but you must be willing to pick up code written in that programming language (or at the very least, be willing to learn).
Other recent projects we've run have included: modelling POS communication using a stream of events using AWS Kinesis and Node JS Serverless Lambda Functions, a migration from AWS EC2 to Kubernetes and site reliability work to ensure we can scale our flagship products inline with our current growth.
What we offer:
- We don't believe in providing competitive salaries. So we pay Top of Market for the right people. This is not to say we're competitive. We're not. We're just a bunch of smart people wanting to work with even smarter people. The salary band for this role (depending on your experience) is £25k - £40k.
- A great working environment with a ping pong table, bar (serving beer/cider) and breakout areas.
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Working in a fast growing company with global expansion plans.
- Flexible working hours and a work from home policy.
- Personal MacBook Pro (to setup the way you work best)
- Regular office events including weekly yoga and other sports.
- Cycle to work scheme – www.cyclescheme.co.uk.
Take a look at our Instagram account to get an insight into our day to day life.
The legal boring stuff: We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don’t discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by the Equality Act 2010.