We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Java Software Engineers, based in our headquarters in Madrid. You need to enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be very result-oriented. We’re not looking for ninjas or gurus. We’re looking for real software developers, who are excited and motivated to change things and to work in a close-knit team environment and contribute.
Key Accountability and Responsibilities.
- You will report directly to the Head of Engineering
- Help define and shape technical architecture of Packlink’s systems
- Work with the engineering team; grow team’s excellence around the Java programming platform and cloud technologies
- Initiate and maintain communication with the technical departments and teams of our external collaborators, in order to optimize the development process and facilitate a simple and stable future integration with Packlink’s platform
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
This job is not for everyone. You’re:
- Not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Really agile. Having an agile mindset to approach challenges, not following only the manifesto rules.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with distributed teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- Fluent in English.
It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related
technical/scientific discipline. You’ll be working together with a large
team on building a scalable, highly available platform, which will
support over 20 countries distributed throughout Europe, Latin America
and Asia, integrating with numerous third parties. It’s a big challenge!
- A minimum of 5 years of real hands-on experience developing in Java in a professional environment
- At least 3 years using Spring.
- Advanced understanding of object oriented programming principles.
- Git experience
- Java 8 Knowledge would be strongly preferred.
- Python development experience would be awesome to have as a plus
- Experience with Spring Framework 4.X.X i (very welcome)
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Git flow experience will be positively considered.
What We Offer
- Joining a company that’s delivering ground-breaking solutions in an industry in need of change.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Competitive salary package.
- A young and upbeat work environment. Leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place.
- A truly international team: 10 languages, 12 nationalities working on the same place.
- An exciting, key role in a high growth start-up, backed by internationally renowned VCs.
- Free language classes
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.
- and many, many more surprises... come join us!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!