eDreams ODIGEO (http://www.edreamsodigeo.com) is the largest online distributor of flights in the world (measured in terms of sales), and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses. Under its five brands (eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink and liligo), it offers the best deals on regularly-scheduled flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, vacation packages, travel insurance and stays of varying length to more than 16 million customers all over the world. Present in forty-four countries, the company employs more than 1,700 professionals.
We are working in a dynamic and motivating environment where our multicultural team members contribute and grow personally and professionally. For a better idea about our technology culture, check out the brief video of our last Hackathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvI30rEotI
We are now looking for a Java Architect to join our architecture team within the Engineering department based in Barcelona, Spain. This role will be reporting directly to the Chief Architect.
We are looking for an Architect who is passionate about innovation, proficient in conveying technical concepts and motivated by new challenges. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills as well as excellent communication skills in order to share best development practices and guide the engineering team members.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Taking part in the design of scalable software systems;
- Investigating new technologies;
- Define and spread development best practices;
- Ability to architect a system prepared to handle millions of queries.
The main requirements of this role will be:
- BS or MS in Computer Science (IT engineer), brilliant academic record a plus;
- >5 years in designing and architecting Java applications;
- Deep knowledge of the following technologies:
- Java and Java Enterprise Edition 5: servlets, JSP, EJB 3.0, JPA, JMS, JAX-WS, JAX-RS
- Oracle or MySQL
- Experience on the following technologies would be a plus;
- JBoss application server
- Experience in developing web platforms with heavy load and concurrency;
- Experience in building solutions that work for inter-operating several systems;
- Excellent English and Spanish
- Experience with mobile technologies (iOS, Android) a plus;
- Excellent communication skills across all levels;
- Experience within the tourism sector is highly valuable, in particular with GDSs integrations and Hotels Booking systems.