For 20 years, Verbio Technologies has been on the cutting-edge of voice technologies to simplify human-machine communication. Born as a spin-off of Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), we are now a global Conversational AI provider, trusted by the most valuable companies worldwide!
We are passionate about building speech AI technologies (Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU) to unfold voice conversational and speech security solutions which drive to boost customer experience and shrink operational costs in the contact center.
All our products are based on the latest Neural Networks and Machine Learning Techniques and by working on their implementation on real use cases.
Currently, Verbio is experiencing a time of change, with significant growth not only in the number of employees but also in a greater product orientation. This means that Verbio will continue having many challenges and opportunities, and also will do so for every team!
We’re on a mission to make people’s lives easier by using AI-enabled technology. At the moment we are helping companies to better understand their clients, create engaging experiences and access to actionable insights in order to increase operational efficiency. Everything by simplifying Human-Machine communication.
We have made millions of users, customers, employees and kids smile at how natural it is to communicate with technologies through their voices.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
We are a growing team of driven professionals with people in Spain, US, Mexico, Brazil and the UK.
We have Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development; Computational Linguists, Salespeople spread in the globe, and our cross teams of MKT, Finance and People.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced engineer to work with a multidisciplinary team of other engineers, scientists and business people to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain Verbio’s on premise and cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for designing and developing a growing AI services ecosystem.
To be successful as a backend engineer, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
For The Day To Day Work, We Use
• Rust, Python, C++
• Actix, Protobuf
• GitlabCI, Docker
• Nomad, Consul, ELK, AWS
• Postgres, RabbitMQ
We most definitely want you if…
You have a strong passion for process automation, you love to work with different technologies and programming languages, and you like to constantly search for improvements and new tools to enhance the software development process, we would love to have you in our team.
We use a vast amount of different technologies to make sure every piece of our system and infrastructure is optimized for performance.
We most definitely want you if you are someone with passion for writing high quality code. You are not afraid of challenges and are interested in learning. You understand that change is a given in this fast paced industry, and that excites you. You enjoy working closely with a team of peers and you strive to deliver world class maintainable and scalable solutions.
• Design, develop and maintain a growing ecosystem of speech technologies services.
• Help the team grow and maintain a clean code environment, using best practices such as TDD or SOLID principles and continuously work to improve our methodologies.
• Be involved in the decision making process, deciding our team’s goals, priorities and the tasks we need to do to get there.
• Proactively get involved with the whole development process, speaking your mind and working to continuously improve our team’s dynamics.
Tasks you will be involved in during the first 3 months
• Integrate Verbio’s Text-to-speech technologies in the cloud infrastructure.
• Integrate streaming functionalities in our Speech-to-text services.
• Improve our Speech-to-text cloud services for efficiency.
• Add new features to the Biometrics backend
• Design and implement the backend architecture of our user dashboard services.
• Work on improving the existing systems and infrastructure for the cloud platform, including DevOps procedures.
• Participate in the definition and planning of our long-term cloud solution.
Skills and experience
• Degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
• 5+ years experience with C++
• 3+ years experience with Git
• Notions of Python
• Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Good communication and collaboration skills.
• Advanced English level
Nice to have
• GRPC / RESTful services
• Experience developing cloud services
• Experience in TDD
• Experience with CI/CD systems
• Experience with DevOps
• Knowledge of AI speech technologies
• Experience with Databases (e.g., PostgreSQL)
Verbio is an equal opportunities employer encouraging applications from everyone regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status or disability, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Why should you work with us?