What you tell your friends you do:
"Many times I feel like an explorer in the jungle, discovering new lands of technology and innovative products. Other times I feel like an archeologist translating mysterious hieroglyphics when I am learning a new framework or using a new Saas provider. What makes me wake up every morning is living in a culture of continuous learning and improvement, quality, innovation, led by the philosophy that work can be serious, but should also be fun!"
What you will really be doing with your team:
You will part of our agile, multidisciplinary team. We are very proud of the excellent standard of technical knowledge and skill we maintain but are even more proud of the open and human environment in which we work. Our diversity makes us who we are and, from the beginning, you will have a powerful voice as part of our team.
- We keep the team in sync with dailystand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvement
- Quality is part of our core values, so best practices are a must
- Think in release and delivery of software. Continuous integration, testing and delivery is in our DNA
- Embrace lean mindset taking products to production
watch, repeat, master. Learn from your team, practice and evangelize
about what you master. Learning and improving is part of the journey.
Any day in your team:
09:00 - 09:30*: Check telemetry dashboard, evaluate code inspection report and acceptance test execution
09:30 - 09:45: John sent an interesting article in Slack: npm vs grunt vs gulp vs webpack
09:45 - 10:15: Grab a coffee and banana, update our Kanban board and meet your product owner and rest of the team
10:15 - 12:50: Extend one of our API to include a new feature
12:50 - 13:00: Commit and make a pull request
13:00 - 14:00: Take your meal card and have lunch. Enjoy a coke with a colleague or a game on our arcade machine
14:00 - 17:50: Refactoring and peer programming based on feedback from a colleague
17:50 - 18:00: Push a release to AWS Elastic Beanstalk Test environment, finish up some work.
18:00*: Talk about our new team building. It will be awesome!
* Flexible schedule (from 8.00-9:30 to 17.00-18:30 and Fridays until 15.00 as it´s time to have a long weekend!)
Types of projects we work on:
- Payment UI: flexible and secure components for accepting payments in merchant checkout flow
- Merchant Portal: astonishing web applications for real time transaction reporting and operative services
- Merchant journey: engage customers facilitating onboarding and consolidate our relationship
- 2+ years of experiences working with object oriented programming languages such as Java, Dotnet or Python. We work with DotNet, Java and NodeJS but languages can be learned, we consider engineering skills more relevant
- Pride of using software development best practices
- Interest in scalable, resilient, distributed architectures
- Enjoy working in an agile collaborative environment
- Are you proud of your team work? Present the achievements of the sprint to your Dutch product owner in the demo meeting in English
- Share the last technologies that you have used for a new project with the department
What we offer:
- Mediors: 30-40K / Seniors: 40-50K
- Remote work once a week
Positive spirit within a top notch international team
Share the glory of disrupting the fintech landscape
Challenging projects and freedom to experiment
Continuous learning: free English classes, IT certifications, technical events, budget for book or online training sites
Industry standard perks: meal card, medical insurance and unbeatable environment (rest area with videogames, free coffee/tea/fruits, no dress code)
Team buildings and regular parties