We are looking for an experienced and well-rounded Finance Controller to be part of an energetic team dedicated to improving our highly innovative online English course.
You will report directly to the CFO and support him in Treasury and Cash Management, Cash balance forecasting and develop business plans & financial projections. Analysis and support preparation of all recurring finance activities, providing financial analysis to support decision making.
The main responsibility of the Finance Controller is to develop and manage strategies, operations and policies related to the treasury function, including cash management, foreign exchange, borrowing, and payment processing. This role will be also responsible to establish relationships with banks, payment gateways and other external funding sources.
What you’ll do
- Treasury and Cash Management, Banks and Payment Gateways reconciliation, Manage debt obligations and lender relationships. Oversee cash management banking and financial institution relationships. Negotiate bank and service fees
- Works closely with other business units. Analytical review of the monthly operating results by Business Unit: variances vs. Budget and previous year. Identify trends and develop forecasting models.
- Develop business plans including financial projections. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Support monthly close processes through provision of reporting, insight and analysis. Assist in special projects as needed.
Background and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role in a fast paced and winning organizational culture.
- Experience in a bank Treasury function, preferably in a control, reporting or analytical function.
- Possess full technical knowledge in multiple components of FP&A (Revenue, Headcount, Operating expense…)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Experience in High Growth environment will be considered an asset.
- A "hand's on" business partner attitude is required; who enjoys challenges and thrives in a demanding environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills at all levels, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent English language skills. At least basic Spanish knowledge.
- Demonstrated success in process improvement implementations, including process issue identification and solution recommendations.
- PC skills with Microsoft products with advanced Excel capabilities.
What makes working at ABA English great
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English