Engineering Manager, Front-end in Madrid or Remote
Magnolia is building up Frontend expertise with engineers focusing primarily on evolving and innovating our user interface! Are you an experienced Frontend engineer who is also a passionate leader? Are you able to ideate and create new frontends for large-scale applications? Do you enjoy working and collaborating across the department and helping guide the architectural direction of the product?
Magnolia is looking for an experienced frontend leader to start and lead the new Frontend team, which will be focused on helping us re-work our current (legacy) UI integration, creating a design system, and enabling us to take our UI & UX further.
If you're ready to strive to create value in newer ways and to think outside of the box, you're the perfect match for us - so please read on!
What things you’ll be doing?
- Use your excellent collaboration and communication skills to: work closely with our Design Team, PM team, and technical experts across the departments and collaborate with other teams on cross-department initiatives
- Empower & motivate your teams with a humble, servant leadership approach: mentor & coach engineers; help team members grow their skills & expertise; motivate, inspire & drive innovation; cultivate a continuous improvement culture; resolve conflicts & build trust
- Cultivate a customer-centric approach with outcome-driven & discovery-focused development over output
- Grow the globally distributed team by leading its hiring and expansion
- Drive the future of our UI: use your technical experience to drive the architecture and specifications of the new UI initiative; guide the team with your leadership and architectural experience in a fast-paced environment while coaching and enabling the team in design and architectural decision making; be innovative and push technical boundaries
What do we need from you?
- Technical know-how: expertise in Frontend technologies & architecture in large-scale applications
- Expert comprehension of core web and browser concepts
- Worked either on or alongside a Design System
- Have good knowledge of UX principles and practices
- Operational experiences such as monitoring, metrics, and analytics
- Some experience with Java is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a leadership role with current technical experience
What we got to offer?
- An international and inspiring environment.
- Very remote-friendly.
- A casual, relaxed, and yet dynamic atmosphere.
- Cross-functional development opportunities.
- Advance your career while engaging with the best and brightest companies.
- Constant learning and knowledge sharing with some of the best professionals in the industry.
- Chance to work in a dynamic, fun, and challenging environment where we will make sure you reach your full potential.
- Flexible work environment – we know that deliveries, dentist and doctor appointments tend to happen during the day.
- Yearly company trip. We’ve just been to Interlaken/Switzerland - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- This role can be remote given that you connect with your colleagues face-to-face on a regular basis (frequency can be discussed).
So, who are we?
- We are a fun and an open-minded bunch of colleagues spread across the globe. Aside from work, we are parents, gamers, bookworms, athletes, adrenaline junkies, philosophers, and so much more.
- Build great product: Loved by clients and respected by analysts, Magnolia is arguably one of the best CMS solutions on the market.
- Directly contribute to our success: We value each individual’s input and create opportunities to realize them.
- Great variety of your responsibility: You can dive into any skill area within the company that allows you to grow according to your personal career goals.
- International vibes: With offices in the USA, Spain, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Singapore, China, Thailand, and Vietnam, you will collaborate with colleagues from over 30 Nationalities
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join
- Please click on the link below in order to proceed
- We treat all candidates equally: If you have any questions, please reach out to our contact
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
- Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!