What you will be doing day to day
You will be a leader who takes care of the tech team members and ensures team health.
You will be a reliable manager motivating, challenging and contributing the professional development. You will work on improving communication inside and across the company and work on conflicts resolution. You will be in charge of hiring, ensuring the team is balanced in terms of sizing, skills and roles.
You will be the facilitator being heavily involved in the projects working with the Product Manager to understand needs and calibrate technical decisions and opportunities with the goals and Stakeholders.
You will influence the team in order to have in mind at all times performance, quality and best practices.
You will be responsible for prioritizing technical tasks and getting obstacles out of the way so the team is focused and can work as efficiently as possible. You will identify weaknesses and strengths making sure the workload is distributed.
You will participate in technical tasks as far as possible.
OnTruck is transforming the road transportation industry, €600 billion just in Europe. We make trucking simple, transparent and on-demand.
OnTruck is a B2B logistics platform, connecting companies looking to move pallets with our network of carriers. We offer shippers a web platform to make the process of finding the right truck quick and simple with built-in track and trace. Carriers are able to accept shipments through a mobile app, letting them grow and manage their business with ease.
Our team has deep experience in building great products and companies. We know success, we know failure; we have built platforms from scratch, we have dealt with large legacy systems. We care about each other and about the product and services we are building.
OnTruck is backed by the top investors in Europe.
Your skills and experience
You excel at team management with Software Engineering, communication and agile skills.
Management: You have previous experience managing engineering teams
including motivating, delegating and resolving personal conflicts.
You’ve been building teams, responsible for hiring, and have worked on the career development plan of your team.
- Software Engineering: You have relevant experience in Software Development, both hands-on as well as academical (technical degree). You have also experience guiding technical discussions and coaching junior profiles. You are a hands-on leader that is active in making sure that the team delivers the projects without sacrificing quality and good practices.
- Communication: You are able to present complex topics to different types of audiences. You work closely with the Product Manager to ensure efficiency and alignment inside and outside the team.
- Methodology Skills: You have experience and interest in agile methodologies.
Other relevant info
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees.
- Competitive compensation packages. We are looking for the very best talent, and will reward accordingly.
- Good equipment. You will have a new brand Mac. Don’t worry if you are not a Mac person, you can choose another laptop of the same category of your favorite brand :)
- Awesome offices in central Madrid. We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations.
- Flexible schedule.