As a Director of Product, you are responsible for leading a department of self steering teams who develop products and constantly innovate to delight our customers. We hire fiercely entrepreneurial product managers and empower them to innovate.
Do you want to redefine the way travelers experience the world?
Our vision is to empower people to experience the world. Wherever our customers go and whatever they do, they book it with us.
With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for a Director of Product to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and take our product to the next level.
- Most of all you have end to end responsibility for a product track of Booking.com across multiple devices and channels and you will always push people to improve the user journey while making sure it is consistent.
- Together with Directors of Software Development, have a good overview of teams impact and ROI. Challenge, clarify and sign off on investment requests and decisions; responsible for triggering team repurposing discussions and decisions.
- You will lead a team to deliver product value proposition, key features and positioning for key elements of Booking.com experience
- You need to drive and lead the strategic direction of your track, also for non product activities, and challenge the direction of other teams
- Responsible to measure success KPI’s and report tracks and team performance on team / track performance and business impact
- You will contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
- You will build an organisation that systematically and consistently drives strategy and delivers great product experiences.
- You will contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Empower people to do their best work at Booking.com.
- 7+ years of Product Leadership Experience with high traffic (100,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites or marketplace companies.
- Experience and familiarity with content analysis, content & personalization, marketplace platforms, and programs that have been successfully adopted by the ecosystem
- Subject matter expertise in Product Management with a proven track record of building successful innovative products - vision, strategy and roadmap, KPIs/objectives setting, ideation and implementation process, team alignment with business goals
- Experience with managing and coaching teams of senior product managers/product owners including building and growing teams
- Experience working with product and tech departments and cross functional senior stakeholders
- Expert in leading through influence with stakeholders including executives
- Skillful use of testing and data to move quickly
- Strong project management Skills; how to plan, set and manage to reasonable timelines, while delivering projects that align with the business strategy
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com