You’re an amazing developer. You have your pick of jobs—so why consider joining Auvik? Because you’re going to love it here. Let me tell you why. Actually, let’s start by having some Auvik employees tell you why: https://youtu.be/jGgrIWizoZs
- The people here are smart and great at what they do. It makes for stimulating work.
- Our leadership team has been there, done that—successfully. They have vision, and the experience to make that vision real. In other words, steady hands on the tiller.
- We’re working on something truly special here, something no other company has done because it’s hard. Which makes it even sweeter when you hear how much customers love it.
- We’re growing—fast. If you strap in now, you can join us on the rocket ride to the top.
- We provide flexibility in your work schedule, 23 working days of vacation, weekly company-wide catered lunches, free drinks, and tasty snacks.
What’s the job about?
As a DevOps developer, you’ll be part of an engineering team that makes sure our services are ready for deployment and running properly in our cloud. Your main responsibility will be to setup and maintain our big data infrastructure running mostly on bare metal servers and VMs.
Our infrastructure is composed of various distributed components currently managed by the engineering team, which include an Apache Kafka cluster, a stream processing engine, and a big data database, among others. As the primary DevOps developer, you’ll be responsible for monitoring the reliability and performance of our existing components and deploying and configuring new ones. You’ll have autonomy to introduce best practices and protocols (deployments, backups, configurations...) to improve reliability and agility.
What will I be doing?
You’ll focus on:
- Developing, testing, and evaluating collaborative infrastructure development.
- Improving and maintaining our distributed monitoring and logging systems.
- Deploying new components for our big data architecture.
- Improving and maintaining our continuous integration pipelines.
- Building deployment and configuration management automation.
- Providing documentation for infrastructure, deployment configuration, and best practices.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in agile and continuous delivery environments.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (IaC) deployment. (We use Fabric and Ansible but are open to alternatives.)
- Experience with distributed systems. (Kafka and big data pipelines are a plus.)
- Strong background in computer networks and Linux system administration. Software development is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Formal credentials in computer science are a bonus.
We offer competitive compensation, work flexibility, office amenities, an outstanding team to collaborate with and learn together, an amazing product, and the dynamic environment of a fast-growing startup.
How do I apply?
Make sure you include these two things:
- A note that tells us why you’re a great fit for Auvik
- Your resume
Thanks and good luck. We look forward to hearing from you.
Auvik aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact email@example.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially.
Auvik is a venture-backed company making software that's changing the way IT networks are managed. We're solving the problems of network complexity so our customers don't have to.
Awesome or bust—those are words we live by. We're headed all the way to the top and looking for people with the smarts, talent, and drive to join us. Are you up for it?
For more information, visit www.auvik.com.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.