eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our global Revenue department based in Barcelona, Spain.
The successful candidate will work alongside Data Scientists, Engineers and Product Areas in a highly collaborative and agile environment. As a Data Engineer you will play an integral part in helping to deliver solutions to better take advantage of our data-driven culture.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate in the development of Data / Big Data infrastructure;
- Solve data collection, integration and transformation use cases;
- Build and optimize scalable data technologies that power Machine Learning and Data mining algorithms;
- Contribute to organization Data roadmap;
- Explore new data related technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- 2 years of experience working with large relational databases and/or Big Data architectures and technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Solid SQL experience.
- Strong software development skills. It will be valuable to have experience in Python, R, Scala or Java.
- Experience with Spark SQL / ETL would be a plus.
- Experience with PrestoDB or Parquet would be a plus.
- Experience with Amazon AWS stack would be a plus.
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).