Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is the now one of the leading brands worldwide for Parental Control.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our brand new Data Analytics Team. You will work to grow and expand our data platform to solve current and future challenges. You will be working with multiple data sources contributing to transform the data into a business knowledge.
Your mission is to ensure that every significant decision is supported with the data evidences and insights.
Define, own and execute the Data Warehouse architecture.
Develop data flows to integrate data sources into the analytics landscape (including traditional ETL and throughput click-stream processing).
Hold accountability for data delivery: timeliness and completeness.
Leverage tools and techniques to analyze big volumes of semi-structured data.
Engage with the Data analysts and Scientist to support them with the technical skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field,
3-4 years of experience with data modeling and storage (SQL and non-SQL),
Good understanding of AWS cloud and services oriented oriented to the data processing and analysis (Redshift, DataPipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB Lambda, etc.),
Knowledge of at least one of the popular programming language (Java, Python, Scala…),
Being familiar with at least one cloud based business, intelligence solutions (ChartIO, Tableau, Looker or similar).
Bonus points for
Basic understanding of DataOps techniques (continuous delivery, infrastructure as a script, etc.)
Big data methods and tools: MapRedudce, Spark, Hive/Hadoop, etc.
Understanding of several traditional Machine Learning and predictive algorithms, as well as basic NN concepts.
Why work with us?
Great question! Here are few reasons...
- We’re in the very center of Barcelona, on the beautiful and emblematic Passeig de Gràcia
- Great culture - friendly and emphasizes both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- Interesting challenges on networking, security, and scalability for you to grind your skills
- Competitive salary range
- In-house training and team building events
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee and fruits
- Free refreshments on Fridays afternoons
- Half day off on your b'day
- Flexible Benefits
- 23 days of holidays per year