Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
As Containers & Cloud Senior Specialist you will provide technical operational support and the administration and maintenance of Container as a Service (CaaS) ecosystem on hybrid cloud deployment, ensuring services meet operational targets, and achieve high availability and performance whilst caring about aspects such as tactical lifecycle management and continuous improvement.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Be a technical reference to the team, and coach the team as required.
- Provide expert technical consultancy to customers and solution integration teams
- Support and proactively seek an active collaboration with Engineering and Architecture areas in all cross activities and initiatives, including life cycle activities, roadmaps, standards, and others.
- Be the subject matter expert in application and integration services (microservices, containers, API, IaC, ...) and cloud based scenarios (private, hybrid, public).
- Manage CaaS-as-a-Service delivery, systems reliability and scalability including: configuration, building, testing, planning, and deployment of complex solutions
- Drive scripting and IaC development to achieve the highest levels of automation and use of APIs, enabling continuous integration and delivery.
- Build platforms that teams can leverage to accelerate innovation in the areas of reliability, scalability and velocity.
- Work with internal consumers to determine needs and translate those into requirements and designs.
- Lead operations support, incident, request, change and problem management aspects of global platforms and services.
- Develop business and technical know-how within area of expertise for the function.
- Install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, and proactively monitor and ensure performance, availability and capacity.
- Operational support for global platforms and components.
- Manage incidents, problems, changes and releases.
- Comply with OLAs and quality and validation requirements.
Qualifications and experience required:
- 5+ years of increasing technical IT experience in global, multicultural teams in a major global organization.
- At least 3 years of experience deploying and managing CaaS infrastructure and used to integrate development pipelines into the container platform (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Must have extensive understanding and experience on container runtimes and platforms (CaaS) including Kubernetes architecture, Docker, Mesosphere DC/OS, Rancher with its required tools (image registries, security and monitoring tools).
- AWS and AWS integration with Docker/Artifactory/Kubernetes. Jenkins integration with Docker/Artifactory/Kubernetes
- Strong hands-on technical skills in automation, infrastructure as code, logging, monitoring and observability, infrastructure configuration, scripting languages and applications.
- Cross-Functional Technical Knowledge, tools/scripting/methodologies for: Configuration management, Infrastructure as Code, Automation Design, Infrastructure Development Life Cycle and hybrid Clouds.
- Experience with multiple cloud solutions and architectures (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Proven experience in end cloud SaaS /PaaS / IaaS implementation projects.
- Proven experience with IaC and Configuration tools (Terraform, Bitbucket, Ansible, etc).
- Software-centric mindset and excellent programming skills, such as Java, Go and Python. APIs knowledge.
- Experience with implementing end-end monitoring and tools.., ELK, Splunk etc.
- Solid foundation in networking, security and storage.
- Security Awareness: knowledge in Cloud security and networking services as they relate to applications, data and services such as VPN, F/W, IDS/IPS and high bandwidth connectivity to DCs.
- Considered a plus, experience in a variety of technologies like Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, Kafka, Rabbit MQ, AWS Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Machine Learning, Spark, Hadoop.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with a remote and multicultural team, always following a collaborative and supportive approach.
- Strong spoken and written English skills.
At Roche, we believe in diversity and inclusion as essential values for our success. We have special interest in integrating people with disabilities into our teams. If you have a disability, for us it is a plus, and we have special benefits for you: Go ahead and present your candidacy!
For more than 40 years. Roche Diabetes Care is pioneering innovative diabetes technologies and services. Being a global leader in integrated diabetes management, more than 5,000 employees in over 100 markets worldwide aim every day to help people with diabetes and those at risk to experience true relief from the daily therapy routines. We are dedicated to advancing how care is being provided and to achieve this, we collaborate with caregivers healthcare providers and payers worldwide to drive optimal management of this complex condition and contribute to building sustainable care structures.
Personalized diabetes management
At Roche Diabetes Care we believe that a collaborative, integrated and personalized approach is needed to determine the optimal therapy for each person with diabetes or at risk of developing the disease. It is equally important for us to spark lifestyle changes, encourage motivation and determine opportunities that will enable patients to reach the individual health goals by spending more time in range.
Under the brand Accu-Chek and in collaboration with partners. Roche Diabetes Care creates value by providing integrated solutions to monitor glucose levels, deliver insulin and track as well as contextualize relevant data points to contribute to a successful therapy. By establishing an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions, Roche Diabetes Care will help to enable personalized diabetes management which will thus help improve therapy outcomes.
By driving digital health in an open ecosystem and offering integrated diabetes management solutions and services, we are aiming to shape the way diabetes care is being provided now and in the future.