The product organization at Scytl is in charge of developing its core online voting platform. We are busy disrupting the election industry by making voting more accessible, efficient, transparent and secure. We are continuously looking for talented individuals who will share our passion for designing and building great software that powers democracy around the world.
We are looking for a Back End software engineer to develop and optimize robust and secure applications used by millions of users, and participate in the analysis and architectural design of mission-critical software.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java server-side applications
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Knowledge of data access applications development and databases such as Oracle DB, as well as handling big datasets.
- Sound knowledge of design patterns, reusable code.
- Keen eye on code quality.
- Experience in the majority of the following: Spring, JPA, REST-API, XML, CI, Maven, PKI, Java EE, JMeter, Cryptography practices, Oracle Mission Control.
- 3-4 years experience in software engineering.
- University degree, in Computer Sciences or related field.
Extra points for:
- Experience in building projects from scratch, including, but not limited to DB design, component design, modules separation, framework evaluation.
- Scripting skills e.g. Python, Bash…
- Experience in different test levels (JUnit, integration, regression).
- Delivery of mission-critical systems.
- Experience with technologies such as NoSQL, AWS, OpenShift, Jenkins, JBehave, RAML/Swagger.
- Enjoys working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Great analytical skills, with an enquiring and structured mind.
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident.
- Highly accountable; disciplined and persistent to get things done.
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Clear, concise communicator.
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
Scytl is the global leader in secure election management and electronic voting solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies, Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards currently available.
Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18 years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been successfully used in more than 35 countries throughout the world over the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador, the EU, France, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the UAE, India and Australia.
For more info, please visit www.scytl.com
- Real purpose: powering democracy.
- Market leading company.
- Talented team with world-class expertise in cryptography.
- International working environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Great office location in the center of Barcelona.
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.