What would be your role?
Casumo is agile so we expect you to take on a broad spectrum of tasks. Together we will work to realize our dreams and visions of how the world’s best gaming site should look and work. We are looking for developers who are driven and won’t say no to a challenge but also they have to care for what they do as we expect taking responsibility for the code written.
Who are you?
- Someone who likes to work in a flat organization.
- Someone who enjoys autonomy.
- Driven and motivated.
- A team player.
- Willing to work out of our offices in Malta or Barcelona, or on remote as part of our distributed workforce.
- A nice person that can bear conversations about unicorns.
A Backend Java Developer at Casumo
- Has an interest both in the big picture and for the small details, a key to work in our tightly knit team.
- Likes freedom with responsibility and would feel comfortable in an environment of developer anarchy.
- Has a desire to take full ownership of features and code, from inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running.
- Appreciates the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and good software development.
- Is a person who loves to play with code, understands the need of quality and cares about it
- Gets curious when we say CQRS, Event Sourcing or MicroServices. Feels very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git.
- It’s a plus if you have experience with transaction-heavy, distributed systems, messaging, MicroServices or tools such as MySQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, Spring, Dropwizard or Jenkins/TeamCity.
- Would be stoked to build the world’s best gaming experience together with other Casumos from our headquarters in sunny Malta, Barcelona or on remote.
Malta & Barcelona
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers