At Sharify we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know, and are always eager to learn something new.
* Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
* Own your deliverables from start to finish
* Participate in high-level technical decisions.
* Mentor and empowered other developers around you.
* Make our technology and our team scale as the business grow.
* Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making.
* Computer Science or similar degree
* 2+ years of relevant full-time experience
* Strong Java skills
* Experience with scripting languages
* Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
* Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
* The urge to write unit-tests
* Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management
* Knowledge of Event Driven Development
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
* Good English
* Experience with Spring/Play frameworks is a plus
* Experience with other platforms is a big plus
* Participation in open source projects is a huge plus
* This is a full-time position
* With company stock options
* With weekly offsites to share some beers and sport
* Half-fridays and flexible hours
* Competitive salary negotiable based on experience
* The opportunity to change the way people experience online world
* Work in a dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture