What makes Cognizant Netcentric a great fit for you?
At Cognizant Netcentric, we come to work every day with the mission of leveraging cutting-edge technology to create memorable digital experiences for the world’s leading brands. And we do it as a diverse, global community of over 1500+ Adobe experts collaborating across countries, cultures, languages and technologies.We’re energized by an inclusive and responsive organizational culture that brings together the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the resources, growth opportunities and stability of a larger global organization.
Holacracy is the cornerstone of how we work, empowering every individual with the power to make an impact within our organization. All this encourages us to learn and grow as individuals, and unite as a team to build innovative digital experiences that touch people’s lives.
We are looking for a workmate who is following their vocation to spend time with web development and work with open source frameworks. You are a good fit if you consider yourself as a passionate techie who is willing to take over responsibility and share his expertise with others. Netcentric may probably feel like home for you if you are developing and want to develop together with us. AEM makes you curious.
You will be responsible for the entire delivery of a project. You will work closely together with the project manager to ensure a delivery exceeding the client's expectations. Main tasks are:
- defining the architecture of the solution, interacting with the client's architects
- writing and refining technical specifications, providing effort estimations for requirements
- leading the development team (mostly distributed among various locations), reviewing code, coaching and guidance
- respecting infrastructure requirements, synchronising with the project's lead system engineer
- ensuring quality and performance requirements are met, synchronising with the test manager
- release management
- development of critical parts of the systems
- ensuring reliable work environment for developers (IDE setup, Maven, CICD, Docker, SonarQube)
- Hands-on experience with AEM
- Experience in leading a team, both technically and people management
- Great communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and business users
- 5+ years experience working in an international organisation and environment
- Strong knowledge of Java, especially in web projects
- Strong capacity to identify requirements and define technical solutions
- Extensive experience in leading java based web projects
- Knowledge of Patterns and Good Practices to design and develop quality and clean code
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience with testing at all levels: unit, integration, functional and performance
- Ability to extend existing products and leverage their APIs to create a customised web experience
- Familiarity with build tools, including Maven
- Knowledge of version control tools, especially Git
- Familiarity with task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools like JIRA
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- A proactive mind-set, ability to share your ideas and bring them to life
- An open mind which is looking for continuous improvement
- Receiving and giving feedback is familiar to you, something you are not afraid of
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with the Java Content Repository API (Jackrabbit / CRX)
- Knowledge of OSGi and its Declarative Services
- Ability to extend existing products and leverage their APIs to create a customized web experience
- Experience in professional development environments, such as Eclipse IDE
What do we offer?
At Cognizant Netcentric you get:
- Permanent contract
- 30 working days of vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Recognition bonus system
- Private health insurance
- Apple work equipment
- WFH equipment + welcome package
- WFH monthly expenses compensation
- Access to Udemy courses
- Adobe certification
- Sponsored gym membership
- Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten and transport)
- A dynamic and international team
- Everyone has a voice; we are a Holacracy organization
It's a young, international and visionary company with Swiss roots. Office locations span four different nations in Europe: Switzerland, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom, and in these offices, you will find our diverse culture that embraces over 30 different nationalities from around the globe. Netcentric has a start-up spirit, and they don’t plan to slow down anytime soon.
- - Fancy offices, and best equipment available for today’s needs. Be prepared to be fully armed with the latest Apple ensemble.
- - 30 days of annual leave for all employees
- - Sponsored gym memberships
- - Flexible working hours, because we know you have a personal life too.
- - Company events. Think an annual sailing trip with all of your favourite colleagues off the Spanish or Croatian coast, or a weekend-long kickoff event in Barcelona.