carwow makes choosing and
buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers
from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from
the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich, and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the
commercial team as an Account Director for carwow. To lead, motivate and
inspire your team of Account Managers and achieve solid commercial
returns through knowledge sharing and a shared goal from the ground up.
In addition to managing a team and supporting group level conversations,
you’ll also manage a select number of your own dealer accounts to keep
your skills honed and your ear to the ground.
- Manage your team of Account Managers to deliver a monthly sales and revenue target
- Display an in-depth understanding of how the automotive industry works covering all of the different car brand nuances, from stock to factory orders, leasing to used cars, strategic dealer groups to manufacture campaigns and strategies
- Coach your team to deliver consultative account management that drives growth in both revenue and carwow penetration
- Manage the sales pipeline of your team to include sales forecast
- Build deep relationships with the right people at group level acting as a support for your account managers and a point of escalation for dealerships
- Spend 40% of your time out on the road visiting dealers, coaching and developing your team through observation, demonstration and regular feedback
- Answer objections, provide solutions to problems, reassure and help generate a sense of trust in carwow at all levels of a dealership (group)
- Inspire your team at all levels to learn and share knowledge and to meet collective sales targets
- Ensure your team’s accurate documentation of all dealer interactions on specified systems
- Work closely with the Sales Management team to plan new dealership sign up strategy and ensure efficiency of onboarding process
You are naturally...
- Commercially focused
- Driven and motivated by results
- Emotionally intelligent
- Self aware
- A problem solver
- An active listener with a high level of integrity
- Number orientated
You will need:
- Automotive experience is highly desirable
- At least 5 years previous experience in account management/sales managing high value accounts in a consultative sales role
- At least 3 years of experience of leading, coaching and inspiring a team of 5-8 to deliver a common goal
- Fantastic attention to detail setting a high bar for your team
- A high level of business acumen to understand the business challenges and priorities
- To be an analytical thinker, comfortable with data led decisions and commercially driven
- Sales acumen and a consultative approach, able to solve challenges, negotiate and implement a plan
- A proven ability to prioritize your own efforts and that of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to manage relationships at all levels from C-suite level to ground level sales executives in dealerships
- To be highly driven by achieving sales results and a growth in profitability for your team
- A desire to be the very best player-coach
- The desire to work in an exciting fast-paced, highly driven environment
- You are a native Spanish speaker and fluent in English
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A very competitive salary and equity in the company
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Be part of a really fun team with an incredible opportunity to change the way people buy cars in Spain!