Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. It sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, promotions at their current jobs, or companies they’ve built.
- Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
- Operations in Barcelona, Madrid, Miami, Paris, Mexico City and Berlin
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 1,300 students
- 50+ global team members & venture capital backed
#About the gig
We are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Barcelona Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum is pre-made.
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (Angular2, React, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
- Fluent in Spanish, as the bootcamp will be taught in that language.
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)