PHP / HTML / CSS / JS / GIT/
Nginx / Composer / MySQL / Varnish / Redis / jQuery / RequireJS / Knockout.js
TheSocialMedwork is a fast-growing, multicultural and mission-driven social impact startup with real potential. Our team works from modern offices based in the stunning historic heart of Amsterdam. As a pioneering medical service every person we help is a life made better.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. You’ll be building our website all the way from concept to completion, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
You are driven, able to work independently and as a small team, take initiative but also build consensus. Most importantly, you are inspired by our mission to make an impact and are passionate about building systems and websites that help create equal access to the best healthcare around the world.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using software development best practices
- Create website layout/user interface using standard (vanilla) HTML/CSS/JS as well as vendor libraries
- Code and deploy applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Cooperate with UX/UI designers to match visual design intent
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Develop clean, reusable code according to programming standards: PSR-0, PSR-1, PSR-2, PSR-3, PSR-4
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML5, CSS3, JS and mobile-first, responsive design principles
- Knowledge of the Magento 2 technology stack is preferred: Nginx, Composer, MySQL, Varnish, Redis, jQuery, RequireJS, Knockout.js
- Experience with version control using Git
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- In-depth knowledge of database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation processes
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Living in, or willing to move to Amsterdam
- An ability to work in the Netherlands (work permit)
How to apply
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Web Developer”.
About The Social Medwork