About the Role
We’re looking for a multi-talented Web Designer & Developer, in other words a unicorn, to help turn our vision and ideas to reality, working from scratch to shipping entire internal and external (mini) websites and dynamic content. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio and need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team.
Yieldr is a user led company and an empowering place for designers to work. You’ll join the Design Studio, working together with Product Designers, a Motion Graphic Designer and Illustrator to help bring your designs alive, reporting to the Head of Design. Come join us and help shape our web presence.
Web Designers/Developers at Yieldr:
- Work through design and development from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas, then designing the pages and detailed interactions to realize them
- Work with fellow Designers, Marketers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation, iteration and user validation
- Turn designs into rapid prototypes using tools like Marvel and InVision
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Are passionate about design and do not consider themselves a “typical” engineer
- Are committed to QA and testing
- Are thorough down to the last detail
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog and Dribbble page
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Has proven experience designing and building websites that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- You have a (basic) understanding of XML and JSON
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Has a strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Is an excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Is ego-free, thick-skinned who owns the success or failure of his/her design work
- Is an excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers and marketers
- Speaks and writes English fluently
- Has a good dose of humor
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- Experience with Sketch
- Experience with Marvel and/or InVision
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid holidays
- Get to work on fun, engaging, and cutting edge projects
- Join an amazing team that has strong passion for design
- Access to a team of talented engineers
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Personal development funds
- Diverse, international workforce in a family-style atmosphere
- The best gear and some sweet apparel
- Good dose of humor
Whether it’s helping companies reach the right consumers to sell their products or guiding an airline to fill empty seats, it’s in our DNA to liberate businesses from traditional, inefficient processes.
We believe five things to be true:
- Relevant communication to end customers is currently being executed poorly
- Brands should be liberated from inefficient/ineffective controlling forces (the walls)
- Efficiency contributes to scalable and sustainable growth
- Oversupply exists in almost every major sector
- Software and automation will transform traditional structures into efficient processes, freeing up the user’s time to focus on more valuable activities.
Our name has always been our purpose. We help businesses derive maximum yield from their existing resources to boost efficiencies, cut out waste and ultimately drive revenue. We will never build a product that strays from this purpose.
Working at Yieldr
When you sign on with Yieldr you’re not only embarking on a new career endeavor, you’re becoming a part of a family. We’re a close-knit group that knows each other by name and often connects beyond the walls of the office. We believe the personal relationships we forge helps us perform better, work more efficiently and have more fun while doing so.
Yieldr is a place where you can step in, make an immediate impact and shoulder responsibility from day one. You’ll be provided a platform free from bureaucratic red tape where you can accelerate your skills and growth to the next level.
As a matter of fact, growth is something we pride ourselves in. We not only give all of our team members the physical tools to achieve, we also empower Yieldrs to continually learn both new soft and hard skills through education and knowledge initiatives.
If you enjoying taking on responsibility, are a habitual learner and have a desire to become a part of something great, then Yieldr is the place for you.
How to Apply
Include a link to a strong portfolio that showcases your work and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design delivery in order to be considered.
Note to recruiting companies: Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.