Billions of people's mobility needs will be met by fleets of electric vehicles, offered and managed by organizations like Scoot. Scoot is a world-leader in electric vehicle deployment (including electric scooters, bicycles, and mini cars) and we are building a world-class team to source those vehicles and continuously improve their management. That team needs a leader.
The Vice President of Electric Vehicle Sourcing and Management (VP of Vehicle Programs) will lead a team covering: vehicle specification, supplier relations, supply chain planning, quality control, service engineering, and operational best practices of all of Scoot's City Fleet Managers. The VP of Vehicle Programs succeeds when Scoot's local fleets have the electric vehicles they need, and are efficiently keeping those vehicles in service with our customers.
City Fleet Managers in each city report to that city's General Manager, but all of them look to the VP of Vehicle Programs' team for best practices and a predictable supply of high-quality vehicles and components.
The VP of Vehicle Programs will stay on the pulse of light electric vehicle developments globally, especially in Asia and Europe, where the majority of the world's light electric vehicles are designed, manufactured, and deployed. This position can be based in Scoot's Headquarters in San Francisco or our European regional office in Barcelona and will involve regular travel to test new vehicles, build relationships with manufacturers, and support Scoot's local operations.
The VP of Vehicle Programs is a member of Scoot's Executive Team and reports to Scoot's founder & CEO, Michael Keating.
* At least 5 years experience sourcing complex products (e.g. electronics, bicycles, motor vehicles) directly from manufacturers
* At least 5 years experience as the owner of relationships between your organization and executives of suppliers or partners
* At least 5 years experience managing technical teams (e.g. designers, engineers or technicians)
* Superior communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
* Superior planning and analytical skills, including creating spreadsheets and Gantt charts
* MBA or Engineering degree preferred
* Ability to travel internationally as often as once a month to visit vehicle suppliers and local Scoot operations
* Competitive salary and stock option grant
* Milestone-driven bonuses
* Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
* Unlimited scooting
* The most fun chance you will ever get to save the planet
PLEASE APPLY AT SCOOT.CO/JOBS