TOQIO (toq.io) enables any business, not just banks, to create game changing, data driven, finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to their customers where and when they need it.
We are currently looking for a UX/Ui Designer to join our team. Your main duties include providing answers to the most challenging questions by aligning strict business requirements with user’s needs. Therefore, you will work with the product team on developing new features and ensuring that every layout a user will experience in their interaction will conform to the overall vision created by the UX/UI Team.
As a UX/UI Designer you will:
- Understand, evolve and translate wireframes into visual concepts.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, components, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- You’ll be responsible for creating the foundational patterns, UI components, tools, and documentation that empowers Toqio’s strategic design vision. You will collaborate with designers and engineers across all of our product surfaces.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Work closely with the product management team, and translate needs into visual concepts and elegant interface designs with a sensitivity to human behaviors and interaction patterns.
- Support all stages of the design lifecycle and be responsible for design development, stewardship and maintenance.
- Demonstrate, prove and convince stakeholders your design proposals cover user needs and business requirements.
- Understand the product’s strong points of sale.
- Understand the product’s competitive edge.
- Being an advocate for the product’s value as well as the value of clients and end users research in addressing the product’s needs.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer role.
- Experience presenting and defending designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Figma or Sketch.
- Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality but also being capable of working independently.
Must have skills:
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile and cross functional teams
- Be proactive and agile detecting issues and solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English
- Ability to collaborate closely with other teams: developers, product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Make design decisions based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles.
Nice to have:
- Experience / knowledge in the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry.
What we offer:
- TOQIO. People are one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building a unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founding team; Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields. Along with Daniella Lorenzo, Rodrigo Iglesias, Víctor Martín, Arancha Riestra and Jingxuan Xu are leading a talented team full of energy and passion.
- Our core values. TOQIO’s 4Cs are our flagship, we are:
- Curious: Curiosity is the lifeblood of innovation.
- Committed: Shaping TOQIO into a more vibrant place to do business, as well as making our society better.
- Considerate: We’re a diverse and multicultural team that brings many perspectives into our workforce.
- Creative: seeking out of the box thinkers who face challenges head on, and look forward to innovating their way around every obstacle.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for Integration UX/UI designer 28.000€ to 40.000€ gross annual base salary depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
- Leave Period: 25 holiday days of your election.
- Employee Share Scheme: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Flexible perks package including private health insurance, entertainment, training, mentoring program, gym...
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with over 15 nationalities and colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short, fun games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality. As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective insights rather than gut feeling. And as we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results as well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to check TOQIO, we are really looking forward to hearing from you!
Our modular approach lets clients use pre-built TOQIO products to easily create personalised applications to power their propositions. We have initially developed 3 products which can be configured to deploy innovative whitelabel Business Finance Applications and change the way business banking is deliverer to their customers;
Digital Banking, the simplest, quickest and most efficient way to deploy a full digital banking proposition to the market
Marketplace: Our customers are able to access a range of pre-integrated technologies and services to deliver a better overall financial experience;
Business Intelligence: Powerful APIs connected to accounting, banking and other financial applications giving us a wealth of SME customer insight, and allow us to automate the delivery of financial products.