Are you an experienced and visionary growth driver? Accedo is looking for a talented and experienced Director to lead our UX & Design team in the EMEA and LatAm Business Unit.
Your main task will be to drive growth of a UX & Design function that delivers next generation user experiences for our customers. Together with a larger team of video experts, our designers transform the video experience for well-known brands like HBO, Deutsche Telekom, Channel 4, and Globo. The multi-disciplinary UX & Design team delivers innovative design and user experiences on smart phones, tablets, smart TVs, game consoles - and pretty much any video-enabled device you can think of.
We offer great learning opportunities in a friendly and multicultural environment, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit. As a Director for the EMEA & LatAm UX & Design team you will be part of forming the future. We constantly improve our processes, methods and ways of working. We challenge each other and ourselves.
You like working in a dynamic environment, across multiple geographies, teams and boundaries. You have an aspirational mindset with a capacity to organise and getting things done.
Important requirements to succeed in the role are also:
- Strong ability to communicate and represent UX & Design expertise in verbal and written English, to customers and partners, in small as well as larger settings
- Proven track record to drive growth by sales opportunity acceleration and offering development in collaboration with commercial teams
- Experience in leading, inspiring, and engaging a diverse team
- Solid change management skills involving multiple departments and disciplines
The UX & Design Director reports to the SVP and General Manager of EMEA and LatAm, based in Stockholm, Sweden, and is a member of the Business Unit management team. The director defines the function's strategic agenda and is responsible for the execution of the same, within a defined yearly cost budget. Responsibilities for this role aslo include people management, sales & marketing collaboration, UX & Design offering management and evolution, tools and processes improvements, resource management and utilisation support, and identifying and directing all internal activities. Extensive collaboration with other Business Unit functions as well as with global functions and UX & Design functions in other Business Units is expected.
What we offer
- Making a difference Accedo is the place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do, creating a better video experience for all the viewers out there in the world enjoying streamed media.
- Genuine care It might sound cheesy - but at Accedo we truly care for each other. We believe that the teamwork makes dreamwork and everything and more (yep, again cheesy but true)! We are friendly and empathic, we are social (some more than others) and always helpful
- Embracing Disruption At Accedo we welcome initiatives, new ideas and challenges the traditional ways of doing things. We have a high passion for tech and revel in the complexity of assignments we get to do together. We are courageous, ambitious and enjoy working with cutting edge technology
- Growth that matters At Accedo you will have the opportunity for constant improvement & growth. Our ambition is to provide learning and training that fuel your own development and enable success. Individual needs and situations vary from person to person, so if you are open minded and ready to take care of your own development we can reach new heights together
- Autonomy rocks We believe magic happens when people are given the freedom to create their own path. We trust you to be resourceful, solve problems as they arise and define how you want to make an impact. We pride ourselves being able to offer a cloud based work from anywhere culture which enables a work life balance unlike any other
- Inclusiveness is the key We strongly believe that a diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better work environment and in the end a better product. We offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone feels empowered to share their full selves, where everyone feels like they belong. A culture where innovative, passionate, and playful people can grow, have fun, and do their best work. When everyone’s in, everyone wins.
Accedo helps the world’s leading video service providers deliver and grow engaging video experiences across platforms, devices, and regions. We provide a combination of the products and services needed to support our customers at every stage of the video business journey, from strategy and conception through to delivery and post-launch optimisation.
The company was founded in 2004 on a simple observation: emerging technologies will transform how people watch television and consume video, but video service providers will struggle to keep up with the complexities of this new landscape.
Since then, Accedo has grown to over 450 employees working from 16 locations across the world. Together, we help power thousands of video experiences across tens of platforms for hundreds of customers. Globally.
At Accedo, we are all pioneers; changing when, where, and how millions of people experience entertainment across the globe. Our mission is to turn TV viewers into video lovers and we are now looking for new talent to join our journey of innovation.